And Then You Die... Page 2

With a title like that I'm surprised you haven't seen it zooo :P

It's back for a new series next year. Frankly you haven't missed much though - somewhat second rate childish hidden camera pranks (Balls of Steel were the ones who squirted Tom Cruise). I tune into the odd one still though as they do have their moments.

Quote: Mark @ November 27, 2007, 6:23 PM

(Balls of Steel were the ones who squirted Tom Cruise). I tune into the odd one still though as they do have their moments.

Oh yeah, I saw that bit.
Most probably on the news.

Quote: Mark @ November 27, 2007, 5:56 PM

The new ITV1 improv show? Was that a pilot or have they started filming? I take it you were in the audience? What was it like?

The pilot, which is going to be episode 1 when they start showing them in Feb/March next year. The 'bulk' of the series hasn't been filmed yet.

It was pretty good, hardly amazing new comedy but still watchable, same set as the Australian version. Guests were Clive Anderson, Kirsten O'Brian, Phil Nicol & John Thompson. The actors they interact with seemed particularly good, managing to stay in character the whole time.

Quote: zooo @ November 27, 2007, 6:17 PM

Oh.
I never watched Balls of Steel.

I saw five minutes and turned it off. Couldn't bare to sit through it if it was on BBC, let alone a channel which involved adverts. AND it was an hour long, if I remember rightly. Whoever commissioned that show seriously need to reassess their life.

Quote: Cinnamon @ November 27, 2007, 5:49 PM

Balls Of Steel wasn't comedy it was a groundbreaking exercise in mainstream sado-masochism.

Laughing out loud

Quote: charlier @ November 27, 2007, 5:20 PM

a guest on 'Thank God You're here'.

I used to watch this in Aus, was good fun over there...and really funny! A British version of something??? How original!

Obviously late to the debate, and almost completely unrelated, but I back any vote to bring the word 'bollockocity' into the English language. That is all.

Dan

:D

Just keep using it! :)

I have just watched "And then you die..." for the first time. One day they will make comedy programmes with this format.

Quote: swerytd @ November 28, 2007, 10:14 AM

Obviously late to the debate, and almost completely unrelated, but I back any vote to bring the word 'bollockocity' into the English language. That is all.

Dan

Laughing out loud

Here, here!

Quote: Badge @ December 11, 2007, 1:17 AM

I have just watched "And then you die..." for the first time. One day they will make comedy programmes with this format.

What's hilarious is the idea that 'celebrity mishaps', 'celebrity biography' or f**king Hello headlines make ANY impact on the sane persons pitiful existence. Maybe this means that the writers and producers are just ludicrously cheery.

I think that it's general problem was that it just stunk of a lack of effort, I adimt I didn't watch much of the episode I did watch but the comedians they had on, like Robin Ince for example are funny people it's just the whole atmosphere didn't seem like a fun comedy panel show so even when they did say something genuinely funny even that wasn't going to make someone laugh against the background of a genuinely poor show.

Quote: Aaron @ November 27, 2007, 6:31 PM

Couldn't bare to sit through it

I'm really rather glad of that. Maybe you're thinking of the Red Hot channel!
Snarf snarf. Chortle.

I think I've yet to hear anyone give a really good chortle in real life.

Quote: EllieJP @ November 27, 2007, 3:36 PM

Considerably low effort!!!

Chapman's involved in everything! Huh?

'Fraid it's not me. There is another one isn't there who does lots of radio & tv.

I think I'll probably have to change my name when I make it. No chance of that then, before anyone else says it.

They're doing more Balls of Steel 'cos that's what my son got roped into filming last Tuesday.

I quite liked BOS.
'And Then You Die' was pretty rubbish, but that's what you'd expect, isn't it, especially that late at night. Gave me something to half-watch other than 2 Pints. And what's this about the format having potential...? It's not exactly anything new, from what I saw.