And Then You Die...

It's Dave's new comedy show where comedians (and I use the term VERY loosely) and other popular stars (even more loosely) come on and take part in a quiz show with a puppet as it's host.

I was NOT a fan and switched off.

Anyone else?

Yeah, you're right Ellie - low budget, low effort, low everything really wasn't it.

I stuck with it till the end to check out the credits - the puppet, Barrie Stardust is credited as 'Dave Chapman' - why does that name sound familiar?!? ;)

(Everyone else, if you missed it, there are some clips on the Dave website)

I went to the filming of the first episode (the Jo Caulfield one), and it was painfully bad. Even the warm up guys routine fell very flat (mostly due to him mis-judging the audience.

I never knew that cbbc presenter had such a dirty mouth!

Yer that shocked me too! Didn't suit her, and she was really the thing that annoyed me the most! She should get back to doing what she's good at - keeping quiet!

Quote: Mark @ November 27, 2007, 2:00 PM

Yeah, you're right Ellie - low budget, low effort, low everything really wasn't it.

I stuck with it till the end to check out the credits - the puppet, Barrie Stardust is credited as 'Dave Chapman' - why does that name sound familiar?!? ;)

(Everyone else, if you missed it, there are some clips on the Dave website)

Considerably low effort!!!

Chapman's involved in everything! Huh?

People like Caulfield, Hound and Ince do seem to live on these tawdry little shows. They presumably trail from studio to studio, begging for scraps of airtime.

Well that was jaw-droppingly shit. Fair enough concept, but really, really poorly executed. A few amusing moments granted, but the overwhelming bollockocity of the rest negated them. Even the audience seemed embarrassed, which is pretty indicative of how awful it was.

Rob Rouse continues to prove that leaving the cast of Grownups was the worst career move he has and will ever make, and I know why I've not so much as heard of the other two guys before.

Far too little for even me to tune in again.

I like the other one, Mark Dolan?
But I can't remember what I've seen him in.
Unless it's that bloody show again, Rules of the flipping Playground.

Quote: zooo @ November 27, 2007, 3:00 PM

I never knew that cbbc presenter had such a dirty mouth!

She was also in the audience on 'Live at the Apollo' last night and a guest on 'Thank God You're here'. Me thinks she wants out of children's presenting.

looks awful from the clips.

Quote: zooo @ November 27, 2007, 3:55 PM

I like the other one, Mark Dolan?
But I can't remember what I've seen him in.
Unless it's that bloody show again, Rules of the flipping Playground.

Balls of Steel

This was shite watched about a third of it

Quote: ajp29 @ November 27, 2007, 5:47 PM

Balls of Steel

This was shite watched about a third of it

Balls Of Steel wasn't comedy it was a groundbreaking exercise in mainstream sado-masochism.

So in summary I think we're all agreed this was awful! It's a shame as it could have been a good idea - if every aspect of it had been done better.

Quote: charlier @ November 27, 2007, 2:53 PM

I went to the filming of the first episode (the Jo Caulfield one), and it was painfully bad.

Ouch. I did notice even the studio audience was struggling to find anything to laugh at.

Quote: zooo @ November 27, 2007, 3:55 PM

I like the other one, Mark Dolan? But I can't remember what I've seen him in.

He's the host of Balls of Steel. He also did quite a good series called The Richard Taylor Interviews a few years before that (hidden camera setups in interview rooms)

Quote: Aaron @ November 27, 2007, 3:52 PM

Rob Rouse continues to prove that leaving the cast of Grownups was the worst career move he has and will ever make

Why did he leave? It does seem an odd decision.

Quote: charlier @ November 27, 2007, 5:20 PM

a guest on 'Thank God You're Here'

The new ITV1 improv show? Was that a pilot or have they started filming? I take it you were in the audience? What was it like?

Quote: Mark @ November 27, 2007, 5:56 PM

Why did he leave? It does seem an odd decision.

Not a clue. By far the best thing I've seen him on though.

Oh.
I never watched Balls of Steel.