What are you eating? Page 721

Quote: FrankieC @ 20th January 2016, 2:56 PM GMT

Toast with salted butter. Simple but oh so good.

Yes, something I inherited from my father when we had it as a treat many, many years ago (when savoury snacks simply didn't exist), but now I worry about the salt I put on.

The sweet version of that is a butter and sugar sandwich.

I've been baking soda bread all week and can't stop tucking into it.

Marks & Spencer Whippy Chocolate bars (basically, a flattened out Walnut Whip with integral chopped walnuts) Yum, yum flipping yum!

Ooh. If that didn't have walnuts I would eat the hell out of that.
Maybe I can just pick them out.

Fried Chicken with pepper sauce.

'Go Ahead' biscuits that are like garibaldis.

Quote: keewik @ 13th March 2016, 4:27 PM GMT

'Go Ahead' biscuits that are like garibaldis.

Get them for my wife every week from Tesco.

Toffee crisp but earlier I had mashed carrot and swede, roast tatties and quorn sausages

I'm on the old meat sausages tonight. And that's not a euphemism.

Picked some up from the butchers and they promise the mystery of a secret recipe.

Had a nice lunch at a Mexican place. Tacos, beans, rice, chips & salsa -- the usual. I skipped the margaritas because I was driving.

You could have got your tacos togo!

I'm enjoying a piece of fried pollock and I don't care what the snobs say it's as nice as cod.

I had a pizza delivered yesterday, from one of my favourite takeaways. When it had arrived I thought they had delivered me the wrong one, as it appeared to have no toppings. So I called them up and he said they put the toppings under the cheese to stop them from burning. Fair enough, I thought. But really, it wasn't that great and I missed the slightly baked taste I'm used to (it was pepperoni). I could barely taste anything other than the cheese.

Anyone else had this before? Was such a shame as they normally do nice pizzas.

Sigh...

Yes. I have ordered a pizza with quite a few toppings but can't taste or really see anything, apart from cheese. What I do now is buy a pizza base and add everything. Much more tasty.

A hot buttered Warburton's teacake. Yum!

Cadbury's Dairy Milk