What are you eating? Page 723

Due to complaints by transgendered and none binary kids wanting pretend ciggies.

They're now advertised as being for "mainly men"

Can someone else do the "fag" joke because I just can't be bothered right now.

<3

Many health benefits and good for digestion.

I've just bought some cod liver oil and multi vitimans from the 99p shop range after reading an article that said they are just as good as the branded names but I keep forgetting to take them.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th May 2016, 9:55 PM BST

I've just bought some cod liver oil

I am fastidious about hydration and taking my cod liver oil daily to keep my engine lubricated and running properly as the only deterioration age has demonstrated to me is stiffness in my knuckles a few years ago and has gone now as a result of taking the capsules.

I know for sure that it's down to them as if I miss one, I notice stiffness in the morning.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 12th May 2016, 10:15 PM BST

I know for sure that it's down to them as if I miss one, I notice stiffness in the morning.

That happens to me whenever I watch Friends before bed :D

I've been concerned about any lasting damage I could have done to my knees by overdoing it after years of being an unhealthy slob but it's been almost two weeks of rest and finally the aches and pains are subsiding so I think I can start running again. I now have a much more respectful approach to warm ups and warm downs and anything that will help the joints like cod liver oil should help.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th May 2016, 10:33 PM BST

That happens to me whenever I watch Friends before bed :D

That was a gift for anyone who wanted to bite.
You're welcome.

But seriously - cod liver oil changed my life. I do have mediterranean diet with plenty of olive oil and thought this was enough - but as I don't eat fish . . . there must be something magic in fish oil.

Just had a few cheese enchiladas and margaritas at a nearby restaurant. Yum.

Quote: DaButt @ 12th May 2016, 10:42 PM BST

Just had a few cheese enchiladas and margaritas at a nearby restaurant. Yum.

I live dangerously close to a Tex Mex. So close I can talk to staff from my window. And they do the best chili con queso and tortilla chips in the entire world. Huh?

Quote: fopdoodle @ 13th May 2016, 10:21 AM BST

I live dangerously close to a Tex Mex. So close I can talk to staff from my window. And they do the best chili con queso and tortilla chips in the entire world. Huh?

There are more than a thousand Mexican restaurants in my fair city. I'd always figured that decent ones would make their way across the pond, but the last time I had a burrito in the UK it was positively dire. And I was saddened to see that they even had that nasty Corona on hand.

When I was in London 2 years ago I passed a Mexican place that looked and smelled legit, so I guess the situation is improving.

Quote: DaButt @ 13th May 2016, 5:22 PM BST

last time I had a burrito in the UK it was positively dire.
When I was in London 2 years ago I passed a Mexican place that looked and smelled legit, so I guess the situation is improving.

It is - and I have sampled Tex Mex on both West and East coast of America.

There is still some dreadful gruel over here (and one chain is using brie - so I stopped going altogether) but the worst in USA had to be Taco Bell as everything was same sort of greyish brown colour and if it had any taste at all it tasted nasty. >_<

Quote: fopdoodle @ 13th May 2016, 5:36 PM BST

It is - and I have sampled Tex Mex on both West and East coast of America.

They pale in comparison to what's available here in south Texas. ;)

Quote: fopdoodle @ 13th May 2016, 5:36 PM BST

the worst in USA had to be Taco Bell

Taco Bell doesn't even count as Mexican food as far as I'm concerned. We have plenty of Mexican fast food chains that are superior in every way.

Salted Roasted Peanuts............YES!
Salt and Vinegar Crisps...........YES!

Salt and Vinegar Roasted Peanuts? WHY? Sick

Salt and Pepper peanuts......... YES! An acquired taste but I do love these now.

So I'd be tempted to try these Salt and Vinegar peanuts.