BCG Fantasy Premier League 2023/24 Page 33

Yes thank you and very proud of it I am too. I'm sure it'll be back to normality soon though as I suspect this sudden uplift in football fortune was due to me doing Dry January.

A grand combined score of minus two points for my defence this week.

Record number of goals scored so not too many clean sheets going around. Might consider signing whoever is playing upfront against Sheffield United every week.

I was up with the top scorers this week and moved up a place or two in the leagues.

A quote from a famous film: I might not be pretty or right good but for one week only I got the full monty.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th February 2024, 8:21 AM

A quote from a famous film: I might not be pretty or right good but for one week only I got the full monty.

I love Gladiator.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 7th February 2024, 8:38 AM

I love Gladiator.

lol

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th February 2024, 9:01 PM

A grand combined score of minus two points for my defence this week.

You've had more bad luck than most in bagging minus points, Billy. Two -1s is unfortunate but still a far cry from Bednarek, was it, with a minus 7? And Gabriel's 17pts from Crystal Palace makes it more palatable.

If anyone's interested in why I did so badly, or sold Watkins when he was away to Sheffield United; I had the exact money for Alvarez/Salah to Haaland/Gordon, but got priced out over night and had to take a -4 and sell Watkins a week early. I wasn't happy about it but thought Solanke would cover Watkins, especially since he got a hattie in the reverse fixture.

Since I would have captained Richarlison if I'd just done Haaland and Gordon, I'd have got 81 points and a green arrow. Wouldn't have played Foden though, so those 20pts would still be stuck on the bench.

Yes I transferred out Watkins too for the same reason. But he'd achieved nothing for me since I first put him in a few weeks ago. I had Foden with his 20 points but didn't captain him (although I did the previous week when he scored 6!)

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th February 2024, 7:15 PM

Yes I transferred out Watkins too for the same reason. But he'd achieved nothing for me since I first put him in a few weeks ago. I had Foden with his 20 points but didn't captain him (although I did the previous week when he scored 6!)

Yeah, it's the game all over. Watkins scored 23pts the week before I bought him and 18 the week I sold him - his two highest points tallies.

You were right not to captain Foden - there was no guarantee he would even start.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 8th February 2024, 7:42 PM

Watkins scored 23pts the week before I bought him...

Yes that's the trouble of course. We pick our players because they've hit form whereas ideally we need to predict when they're about to hit form. Rather like backing a horse because its won its last two races.

💕 Explains why Godot's been quiet of late, weddings take a lot of planning. Is Don the bridesmaid? 🙂

Going off topic for a mo, was pleased and surprised to find it wasn't just me with a Foden f**k up, which mitigates the potentially catastrophic 20pts loss for a single player for all his first choice benchers. And for the first week in yonks it seems, no first team pick in anyone's team did not not get on the pitch. Do I not like that? ! ? ???🤔 Morning.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 9th February 2024, 9:09 AM

💕 Explains why Godot's been quiet of late, weddings take a lot of planning. Is Don the bridesmaid? 🙂

All together now ...

♫ I'm getting married in the morning. Ding Don the bells are gonna chime ... ♫

🙂 👰🤵

The table could look a bit different later as a few players still have a few players still to play. One of those days where I'll be sticking hot needles in Subeteo figures.

Losing at home six nil should be immediate relegation.

Beast of a week for me, 97 points and still have Sterling potentially picking up a couple tonight if he's playing. Lovely stuff.