Wonders Of The World I Can't See

The Wonders of the World I Can't See started tonight, a new travel show on Channel 4 with blind comedian Chris McCausland. Each episode, he's accompanied by a guest (another celeb/comedian, a bit like Travel Man).

In this first episode, Chris went to Greece with Harry Hill. Obviously it's up to Harry to describe the surroundings as a sort of in-person audio guide. Chris sometimes ponders he may as well have stayed at home and have someone describe a picture, but his grumpiness is good natured and they both get involved in practical hands-on stuff like pottery, sea fishing and so on. It was a bit overlong (an hour with adverts) but overall I thought the format worked quite well.

I quite like Chris McCausland so I'll give this one a go. Probably skip the next one though as it's got that Tom Allen on.

He's gay you know? I'm sure he mentioned it in one of his routines.

Quote: fasty @ 20th June 2023, 9:27 AM

Probably skip the next one though as it's got that Tom Allen on.

He's gay you know? I'm sure he mentioned it in one of his routines.

Can't stand the leering twat

I thought episode two in Rome was OK - the first part was a bit awkward (Tom Allen doesn't even accompany Chris on the plane due to other commitments, so meets him after he's already travelled there, which isn't really in the spirit of the thing!) but the episode picked up a lot when they went gladiator training, which was pretty good (two rather unlikely gladiators to say the least!), and both seemed genuinely moved when listening up-close to an opera singer. Guz Khan next week, then Liza Tarbuck after that.

Again, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe a slight air of them not knowing each other as well as Chris and Harry did last week? But all still very good. Interesting. Enjoyed the intense pasta-making session with the Nonna giving them all the bedside manner of your average Gestapo officer.

I can't stand Tom Allen so skipped that one but Chris and Harry were a real joy. You could really tell they were great mates with lots of genuine laughs, that's what a good travel show should be. Looking forward to the Liza Tarbuck episode.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 28th June 2023, 3:01 PM

I can't stand Tom Allen so skipped that one

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th June 2023, 9:35 AM

Can't stand the leering twat

I saw Tom Allen on some other version of Who Do You Think You Are the other night and he was very sweet and genuine.
You're all just meanies.

Only seen the Harry Hill one, and as always, faultless and funny, but most of all I noticed his wonderful connection with people, which is will have a lot to do with his training for his former profession. So I don't think all that money was wasted.

Quote: zooo @ 28th June 2023, 5:26 PM

I saw Tom Allen on some other version of Who Do You Think You Are the other night and he was very sweet and genuine.
You're all just meanies.

The episode with Guz Khan was good - I mainly knew him from Taskmaster, not familiar with his other stuff. Some quite funny moments, and also I like how he asked Chris a bit about his blindness, how he experiences being high up (on a camel!) without being able to see it, etc. without it being uncomfortable.

Final episode in Canada with Liza Tarbuck was possibly my favourite. Niagara Falls was quite spectacular (and always reminds me of Superman 2), and Chris was more 'immersed' in the experiences this week than some of the previous ones. Liza always comes across very likeable, so as expected made a good travel companion. Nice end to the series.

Oh dear. Thing is I'm not in the least bit homophobic in real life and am certainly not anti Beaky. It's TV's obsession with campness Alf's raving about Beaky and he just thinks certain words are funny, being a composite figment of the 1970s. No offence was intended, no need to leave, I'll have a word with him. As you were.

He's taken back his statement if that helps.