Channel Five - Aerial hookup debate!

Hi folks!

I would like your help in settling a debate that's been going on for a while now. Basically, I would like to know of anyone in the UK who can pick up a clear reception of Channel Five (or "five" as it's known now) through a conventional aerial (not satellite or cable)

I lived in Livingston & never had a problem before we moved to Telewest Cable, but know that you could also pick it up "clearly" on terrestrial TV in Edinburgh, Glasgow and other central parts of Scotland. Would like to hear from anyone around the UK to know where you could obtain clear reception with an ordinary TV aerial hookup.

Thanks for your help guys, very much appreciate it.

Cal :)

Not much to watch but yes, i'm from Bradford w,yorks, it's clear as a bell.

Superb!!! ... that's by basic Aeriel hookup, right?

London. Slough/Maidenhead/Windsor area. Most parts of Sevenoaks/Tunbridge Wells area.

Pretty much everywhere except lowly populated, and particularly hilly etc, in my experience.

Nope, not where i'm from in Berkshire!

I'm pretty sure that they boosted signal strength recently. When did you last try Ellie?

Ummm a long time ago...before i went travelling - so i'd say maybe 2 years ago! :D

Many, many thanks for the comments guys, keep 'em coming please.

You are all stars! :)

never had a problem in London

always difficult in Brighton

hang on, what were we talking about again?

Getting some ;)

I don't see why people are so snooty about Channel 5. It has some respectable documentaries about the Second World War. It also devotes considerable airtime to investigations into lap dancing, and other related and vital subjects.

Quote: Ray Dawson @ November 2, 2007, 11:05 PM

Not much to watch but yes, i'm from Bradford w,yorks, it's clear as a bell.

Conversely, my mum's in Wilsden which is also in Bradford, West Yorkshire (though very hilly that way) and Channel 5 isn't even nearly available through standard terrestrial.

Dan

Your mum's a lucky lady, i can't think of much i want to watch on channel five, apart from the cricket...which i have played, in wilsden.

Hit any cars on the way past? I always thought the road was way too near that cricket pitch...

Quote: EllieJP @ November 3, 2007, 1:22 AM

Getting some ;)

You lucky Moo!