Not Going Out - Series 13 Page 3

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 24th June 2023, 3:50 PM

According to Den of Geek, when this series ends a two part Christmas special would get NGO to Lee Macks ideal 100 episodes.

They can't count. Series 13 brings the show to 99 episodes, so only one more would be required.

Quote: Aaron @ 24th June 2023, 4:55 PM

They can't count. Series 13 brings the show to 99 episodes, so only one more would be required.

Well lets just hope there speculation is correct๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคž.

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 24th June 2023, 4:50 PM

It does suprise me that Not Going Out is popular on here and with the press reviewers yet something like Two Doors Down isnt very popular on here or in the press at all.

I watched a bit of Two Doors Down once. A few people were sitting around in someone's living room, singing the Neighbours theme tune for about 30 seconds, with soppy looks on their faces... and that was it! Not exactly f**ken Fawlty Towers!

Quote: a plate @ 24th June 2023, 10:11 PM

I watched a bit of Two Doors Down once. A few people were sitting around in someone's living room, singing the Neighbours theme tune for about 30 seconds, with soppy looks on their faces... and that was it! Not exactly f**ken Fawlty Towers!

Yes, I watched one once and couldn't see what all the fuss was about - load of unfunny drivel.

Quote: a plate @ 24th June 2023, 10:11 PM

Ok Two Doors Down might not be your cup of tea, but I'd rather watch that than Not Going Out.

There are dozens of great sitcoms written by unknowns that could easily take NGO's slot.

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 24th June 2023, 6:14 PM

Well lets just hope there speculation is correct๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคž.

Are you actively hoping a show gets axed?

Quote: Feeoree @ 25th June 2023, 12:24 PM

Are you actively hoping a show gets axed?

Yes, I know its cruel, but the two sitcoms that should be axed are Mrs Brown's Boys and Not Going Out.

Let's hope Not Going Out continues for a long time to come.

I think Not Going Out is long, long past its best but as it's the only audience sitcom outside Mrs Brown's Boys I'd rather they kept making it than not. Of course I'd rather they commissioned new audience sitcoms but that doesn't seem to be anywhere close to happening.

As long as it does not overtake my beloved Last Of The Summer Wine as the longest running sitcom, I could not care less about the awful Not Going Out.

When Lee is in a scene where he and Lucy go careering down a country lane in an upturned bathtub - they can cancel it

Quote: lofthouse @ 25th June 2023, 5:26 PM

When Lee is in a scene where he and Lucy go careering down a country lane in an upturned bathtub - they can cancel it

That only happend once in Summer Wine, and yet some people think it happend in every episode.

I know ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ‘

Episode 2, 'Hospital', tonight... (MILD SPOILERS):

I quite liked it - one of those 'almost everything happens in the same room' episodes, which mostly worked, and it was paced well. Although it did descend into everyone arguing with everyone else. There were some genuinely funny lines, and thankfully not so much applause this time.

As all the episodes are on iPlayer, I thought I'd watch episode 3, in which they visit a funfair.

Spoilers, obviously.

I genuinely think this is the worst episode of NGO they've ever done. Not one laugh and a plot so trite it would have been dated in 1970 (They lie to the headteacher to get a child out of school and then - hilariously - bump into the headteacher at the fair! What are the chances!) I hate saying that, but it makes me genuinely angry at all the brilliant comedy scripts being rejected when this utter rubbish makes it to the screen. There's no warmth or fun to NGO anymore.