Not Going Out - Series 13 Page 4

Lovely stuff in Episode 2. Very strong for me. Gag, gag, gag. More, more, more, please Lee!

I really find it strange you "comedy fans" on here that prasie Monty Python, Tony Hannock etc like if not love the awful Not Going Out.

Dude we get it - you don't like it

"all the brilliant comedy scripts being rejected ..."

Erm.... your proof of all these elusive brilliant writers having all their brilliant scripts cruelty rejected , whilst Mack unfairly keeps getting new series commissioned???

I suspect your just making this up

IMO there is a terrible dearth of genuinely funny sitcoms , has been been for years - but NGO is one of the very few left that is still pretty good and manages to have decent, funny scripts

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 1st July 2023, 3:37 PM

I really find it strange you "comedy fans" on here that prasie Monty Python, Tony Hannock etc like if not love the awful Not Going Out.

Do you believe there's a law to like only one style of humour?

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st July 2023, 3:48 PM

Dude we get it - you don't like it

"all the brilliant comedy scripts being rejected ..."

Erm.... your proof of all these elusive brilliant writers having all their brilliant scripts cruelty rejected , whilst Mack unfairly keeps getting new series commissioned???

I suspect your just making this up

IMO there is a terrible dearth of genuinely funny sitcoms , has been been for years - but NGO is one of the very few left that is still pretty good and manages to have decent, funny scripts

Hear hear!

All art is subjective, and people will have an eclectic taste in comedy!

Maybe my personal bar isn't as high as some others either, that's fine. Meh.

"Don't yuck someone's yum" as a new, if odd, phrase goes. If you dislike it, go ahead and put that opinion out there! No danger or fault in that, just don't get snobby/gatekeeping with other people's tastes and opinions.

All I meant was, there are simmilar shows to NGO most of you on here dislike and yet you like this show a great deal.

Yes I don't like Not Going Out, but that's just my opinion.

Of course there's no "law" on what comedy fans can or can't like.

It just suprises me this gets a lot of prasise on here, that's all.

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 1st July 2023, 5:14 PM

Not from me - haven't watched it since Tim Vine left the show - previous to that, it used to be funny. Not now.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st July 2023, 11:42 PM

Not from me - haven't watched it since Tim Vine left the show - previous to that, it used to be funny. Not now.

If you've not watched it, how do you know?

Quote: Aaron @ 2nd July 2023, 11:39 AM

If you've not watched it, how do you know?

The odd times I've accidentally tuned into it, thinking I'll give it another chance, and not being impressed whatsoever, which is not watching it per se.

OK then, now we're on the subject - How come you dismiss The Goons having only heard it once, and thinking it is just funny voices, which it's not, and not listening to the different plots?

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 24th June 2023, 4:50 PM

It does suprise me that Not Going Out is popular on here and with the press reviewers yet something like Two Doors Down isnt very popular on here or in the press at all.

Is that true?
I'm sure I've read far more negative press reviews of Not Going Out than I have of Three Doors Down.
Both were good in their heyday but have probably reached the end of their natural lifespans now.

Not Going Out should be sponsored by Ikea. A flatpack sitcom with very little character.

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 1st July 2023, 5:14 PM

It's had a fair amount of criticism as well, and not just since its perceived lessening in quality from series 53 or whatever, from me. Have never got on with it, a crude vehicle for cramming in more of the star's interminable quick fire gag schhhtick. imoo.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 2nd July 2023, 8:46 PM

Not Going Out should be sponsored by Ikea. A flatpack sitcom with very little character.

Very Good Alf! 😄

................a crude vehicle for cramming in more of the star's interminable quick fire gag schhhtick. imoo.

I couldn't have put it better myself. I've said it before - he's just a bit too clever-dickie** for me, whatever he is in.

** Just looked up the exact definition, which is very apt - "a person who is clever in a way that is annoying"