Not Going Out - Series 13

I've got my tickets for the run throughs of the new series on Monday 9th January. I know from experience that attendance still isn't guaranteed though.

We've got tickets for 11th ?

"BBC Sitcom's future in doubt after 13 series..."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/21204707/huge-bbc-sitcom-future-in-doubt/

Weren't the run through in January? Must have been short if he's due to start writing the series in February, according to that article. I would say that it is nowhere near as good as it was, but if it ends then the only audience sitcom left, I think, would be Mrs Brown's Boys and that would be a tremendous shame for the state of sitcom.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 1st February 2023, 7:29 AM

Weren't the run through in January? Must have been short if he's due to start writing the series in February, according to that article.

It's just sloppy journalism. The series is definitely already written.

Quote: Aaron @ 1st February 2023, 9:53 AM

It's just sloppy journalism. The series is definitely already written.

Sloppy journalism in The Sun? Never....

Is there any truth to the last series rumour though? Or is it just taking Mack's quip about getting to 200 episodes and twisting it into a story?

Well it is the last series confirmed to have been commissioned to date. AFAIK the future is not decided, and it's not uncommon for "not coming back" stories to be planted in the press as means of bargaining between the production company and broadcaster.

I had to cancel my run through tickets.

The series has been cancelled before. But maybe Lee thinks it's nearly run its course. Like flogging a dead horse.

Wonder if the "end" stuff is probably them just stopping doing full series. It's had 13 of them once this series airs, but I imagine there is the possibility they'll come back for specials.

Popped in here - on the way to the Cleaner thread '- to make a guess that it'll be back in Late April/Early May. The Cleaner has taken the Friday evening 9:30 comedy slot from 24th onwards so Not Going Out will probably take over after.

Plus they've recently been re-running old NGO.

Quote: Feeoree @ 9th March 2023, 9:07 AM

a guess that it'll be back in Late April/Early May.

They'll only be in the studio then, so incredibly unlikely. My bet would be the autumn TV season.

Quote: Aaron @ 9th March 2023, 11:41 AM

They'll only be in the studio then, so incredibly unlikely. My bet would be the autumn TV season.

Ah! I thought filming had already happened since the readthroughs. My mistake!

Quote: Feeoree @ 9th March 2023, 1:13 PM

Ah! I thought filming had already happened since the readthroughs. My mistake!

They've certainly started location shoots (probably finished too, as there's so little in the show), but no, not been in the studio just yet!

Back on 23rd June at 9pm (looks to be a comedy double-bill with Catherine Tate's new show 'Queen of Oz' which begins next week). Will take it to 99 episodes, Mack wanted to end on a nice round number like 100, so either he's finishing it here close enough, or we'll have one more episode after these to end it!

According to the Avalon website, these are the episode synopses:

Ep 1 - Italian Lessons

When Lee and Lucy are asked to cover for Anna on more than one occasion, so that she can go out at night and have secret Italian Lessons they suspect the worst, that she is having an affair. Lee decides that it is up to him to tell Toby that his marriage is in jeopardy and sets about finding the evidence.

Ep 2 - Hospital

Lee's lifestyle catches up on him and he is forced to wait on a hospital ward for routine surgery on his gallbladder until his blood pressure comes down. But visits from the parents in law and Anna and Toby, who arrive to ask him a question he doesn't want to hear, ensure that his stress levels remain dangerously high.

Ep 3 - Day Out

To take advantage of three free tickets to Adventure Canyon Theme Park Lee takes Mollie out of school for a day and gets into trouble from the new head teacher, Miss Anstis. Now all he has to do is think of an excuse to justify Mollie's absence and what could be simpler than a trip to the dentist.

Ep 4 - Coffin

Lee wakes up inside a coffin and can't remember how he got there, until a phone call from Lucy reminds him what he'd been doing that afternoon. Now all he needs to do is keep Lucy in the dark as to his exact location and work out how to escape.

Ep 5 - Train

It is Lucy's birthday. To celebrate, Geoffrey and Wendy take Lee, Lucy, Toby and Anna for a trip on a vintage steam train. But Lee decides to play Poirot when a stranger turns up unannounced in their carriage and Lucy's special day is ruined.

Ep 6 - Beep

Lucy has cooked a special meal so that she and Lee can spend an evening in without distractions, talking about the state of their marriage. But Lee is obsessed with a beeping noise in the house that he can't find and the food is soon forgotten.

Ep 7 - Football

When Lee goes to watch Benji playing football for a local Under 13 team, he is unable to restrain himself on the touchline and becomes the competitive dad that all the other parents avoid. Undaunted by the disapproval of Toby, who coaches the team, Lee sets about rigging the vote for the Player of the Year.

Yes: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/not_going_out/episodes/13/

Although apart from the first, the order is TBC.