Non-comedy films Page 10

Woodward was brilliant at the end!

When he knew he was going to be burned alive

The panic and terror

😲 🔥

In a mad moment, I got my son to download me the original Laurence Olivier's "Richard III", which I watched all 2 hours and 35 minutes of last night.

Interesting, but turgid.

Not a great film
But some great delivery of iconic speeches.
The 'St.Crispin's Day' speech being a find example.

Quote: Lazzard @ 10th December 2023, 3:32 PM

Not a great film
But some great delivery of iconic speeches.
The 'St.Crispin's Day' speech being a find example.

From Henry V of course, but the ''Now is the winter of our discontent'' speech is the highlight of Richard III.

A Boy and his Dog. I like to watch old sci-fi films in the year they're set, and this one takes place in 2024 AD. It's aged a bit, but the psychic dog and shock ending still work.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th December 2023, 11:33 PM

From Henry V of course, but the ''Now is the winter of our discontent'' speech is the highlight of Richard III.

I'm a fool.

My favorite is 'Inception' - a sci-fi thriller by Christopher Nolan that explores the concept of dreams and reality. The story revolves around a heist involving the theft of secrets, the use of technology to dive into dreams, and the implantation of ideas. An intriguing plot, stunning visual effects, and unexpected twists make it captivating for viewers.

I'd never heard of The Kid Detective but watched it last night on Film4 and was very impressed. Basically a neo noir about a private detective who used to be a child prodigy but is now a washed up has-been. Like all great noirs it takes a very dark turn at the end.