HM The Queen Page 6

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th September 2022, 10:40 AM

It's a lot less class, Billy.
One used a pejorative, for a start.
And the same one was specifically aimed at a target, to get effect.

I would argue the opposite actually. The second comment was only in response to the provocation of the first (which was also clearly stated only for effect).

Matey banter, they're both fine with it. Now on onto Charles 3rd and his problems this week signing himself in as King. Could you get a more classic ill omen than ink leaking on you? There's also the intriguing case of the man who correctly predicted the date of the Queen's death on line having predicted the King's in 2026. He seems to me the sort who may be troubled by this. And we'll see if he's influencing politics or not if the new Govt. do a uturn on their pledged return to fracking. For a person with so many concerns about the world, he's going to find being a silent King very difficult.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 15th September 2022, 11:12 AM

Could you get a more classic ill omen than ink leaking on you?

I'm astonished that the footage was leaked (sorry) - or, if it was going out live, why he didn't act a little more, well, 'regally'?
The Queen kept a very tight lid on this sort of stuff.
That and the sacking of staff while all this is going on makes me think, one way or another, he's going to be a PR nightmare.

Good divergence of opinion on this talkboard, which is why I like it.

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th September 2022, 11:18 AM

I'm astonished that the footage was leaked (sorry) - or, if it was going out live, why he didn't act a little more, well, 'regally'?

Because he's always been a petulant prick would be my guess. The Queen had a very huffy brood who don't like the constant intrusion of cameras on them, Edward less so but the other three have regularly blown off on camera.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 15th September 2022, 11:52 AM

but the other three have regularly blown off on camera.

:O

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th September 2022, 11:18 AM

That and the sacking of staff while all this is going on makes me think, one way or another, he's going to be a PR nightmare.

No change there then.

A woman in a bookshop told me today that Charles wouldn't live much longer because his hands are huge.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 15th September 2022, 11:52 AM

but the other three have regularly blown off on camera.

Well, I didn't notice that over all the music and hubbub

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 15th September 2022, 11:12 AM

Matey banter, they're both fine with it.

True. But Lazzard is offended on his behalf. You know what those people are called.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th September 2022, 4:10 PM

True. But Lazzard is offended on his behalf. You know what those people are called.

Do tell ?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th September 2022, 4:10 PM

All round nice guy?

Did I ever mention that she waved to me once
Me and my mate Barry were walking down one of the posh roads near Imperial college in Kensington, and we were the only ones on the pavement
A mini cavalcade staring going by, and the grandest car had our lovely queen in
I gave an excited wave, ,and she did that old Queenie wave back
And as my mate Barry never actually waved I always maintain that the wave was specifically for me and not him.
He lives in Australia now and as she was head of state there as well I doubt he's ever gotten over it

You sure she wasn't beckoning the newspaper seller over?..... "Morny Stannit"!!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 15th September 2022, 11:26 PM

Did I ever mention that she waved to me once
Me and my mate Barry were walking down one of the posh roads near Imperial college in Kensington, and we were the only ones on the pavement
A mini cavalcade staring going by, and the grandest car had our lovely queen in
I gave an excited wave, ,and she did that old Queenie wave back
And as my mate Barry never actually waved I always maintain that the wave was specifically for me and not him.
He lives in Australia now and as she was head of state there as well I doubt he's ever gotten over it

?