HM The Queen Page 5

It's lead lined too, to protect her from radiation.

Or in case she turns into a vampire

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th September 2022, 9:13 AM

Do you reckon she's actually in the box?

No she isn't actually dead

Her species just gets implanted into a new 'skin'

They don't actually die

Some geezer who used to present the snooker on the BBC told me that

Say what you like about Davide Ike - but he's still a nutter.

I do find it creepy though that the coffin (with body) is placed in a vault on a shelf next to her father and sister etc. Then they will bring prince Phillips coffin from elsewhere and put it on the same shelf next to her.

I found the movement of her coffin from Buck House to Westminster Hall quite moving, and nobody does pomp and military parade send offs quite like we do.

I've filled up a few times over the last days.
I'm a silly old Hector.

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th September 2022, 9:13 AM

Do you reckon she's actually in the box?

She wasn't very heavy.

I just want to add that I'm a great supporter of the Royal Family. Yes - it was a bit of a shock when she died suddenly but not really surprising. I haven't shed a tear because it was inevitable. It comes to us all.

No one's interested in my book idea, 101 uses for a dead monarch...

Or mine, 101 dead poofs.

Classy.

No I think it was made tongue in cheeks, myself.

Pure theatre, I was riveted by the ceremonial placing of guards around her, and the crown's pearls jingling about as the pallbearers carried her down that long walk in. They obviously picked eight of the strongest and fittest Grenadiers form Aldershot for that task, 500lb the box weighed. Anyone who's done that on just a short walk knows how hard it is, and they're usually half that weight max.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th September 2022, 4:21 PM

I found the movement of her coffin from Buck House to Westminster Hall quite moving, and nobody does pomp and military parade send offs quite like we do.

People waiting for two days in the rain to traipse past a coffin, even poofs of my acquaintance - has the country gone mad? Stephen's probably queuing there now, waving his little flag...

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th September 2022, 9:25 AM

Classy.

No less classy than:

Quote: beaky @ 14th September 2022, 7:30 PM

101 uses for a dead monarch...

That's now at least six times you've opened up this thread, Beaky, to read about what's going on, and six times you've felt moved to post a comment. Are you sure you don't want to re-think your feigned

Quote: beaky @ 9th September 2022, 1:58 PM

indifference.

(dictionary definition: freedom from prejudice or bias; unconcern)

It's a lot less class, Billy.
One used a pejorative, for a start.
And the same one was specifically aimed at a target, to get effect.