Not Going Out Christmas special 2021 and Series 12 Page 3

I really enjoyed last night's - although still prefer the first two for all-out laughs.

Watching people standing around having awkward silences and making boring small talk isn't my idea of a fun half hour!

It was well acted though

Yeah, I enjoyed it enough.

I think we all must have guessed early on that he wasn't a parent of a kid at the school though, ha.

Quote: Feeoree @ 10th April 2022, 9:31 PM

I think we all must have guessed early on that he wasn't a parent of a kid at the school though, ha.

I did not!

I know Rear Window homages have been done a fair bit that was good fun. Twist was a good'un.

I enjoyed the PCSO's scenes too, she was funny, usually I don't usually find people doing that forceful hint thing all that amusing, but it got a giggle or 2 from me.

A fluctuation in quality from last week. Such a hackneyed script, Lee and Lucy don't feel like people anymore, just spouting weak punchlines constantly. Where's the warmth from earlier series? Yet again I can't help but feel Lee and Lucy don't even like each other, never mind love each other.

Been enjoying watching this series. As a side note, for my 24th birthday on 7th April, my Mum and dad got me the series 1 to 7 DVD boxset and working my way through that as well! NGO is now one of my favourite sitcoms!

Also, I can't believe that the actor who played Stuart is the same actor who played Brian in Yorkshire Television/CITV's My Parents are Aliens!

Yes very hit and miss, not just episode to episode but also within one programme. But it's comedy. The funny bits outweigh the unfunny. It's not real life.

Quote: Jacky @ 17th April 2022, 6:22 AM

Also, I can't believe that the actor who played Stuart is the same actor who played Brian in Yorkshire Television/CITV's My Parents are Aliens!

He was also the café owner in Lead Balloon.

Really enjoyed last night's. Nice to have a mix of characters for a change.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 23rd April 2022, 1:19 PM

Really enjoyed last night's. Nice to have a mix of characters for a change.

Yeah, it worked pretty well all taking place in the jury room. I knew there'd be a mention of 12 Angry Men! Quite well written and some good lines, although the applause was overdone again.

The mix of characters was good, mostly unknowns to me too except Gwyneth Powell (Mrs. McCluskey from Grange Hill and Greg Davies' mother in Man Down).

Yeah, sometimes Not Going Out's bottle episodes are fantastic. Genuine proper belly laughs a few times, mainly at sweary bits tbh (the young guy calling the fake posh guy a wanker, Mrs McClusky from Grange Hill telling Sam Spiro to "shut the f**k up!") also when they were all yelling over each other, Lee yells at the PCSO (nice, a guest 'one off' character returns immediately!) "you're not even a proper copper!" which for some reason gave me the giggles more.

Bottle episodes?

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd April 2022, 10:18 PM

Bottle episodes?

A name for an episode of a TV show that happens in 1 room/location for the duration of the episode.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BottleEpisode

"Bottle episode" was a new one on me, so thanks for that explanation!

As for the final episode of the series shown tonight, the camping one - it was fine, but not one of the best, and maybe a bit too similar to one of the episodes from an older series, where Lee and Lucy were stranded in the woods thinking there's a madman lurking around...