Not Going Out Christmas special 2021 and Series 12

Hi all, I know it was a month ago now but did anyone see the Not going out Christmas special (The Pantomime one). Thoughts? Also Series 12 is expected to air soon.

I enjoyed it! Felt the reveal of someone in the horse coming a mile off though, ha.

Yeah should be soon now, they finished filming next month, so imagine it'll be on by Easter.

Yes! Thought it very funny. One of my highlights of the Christmas season.

I suspect Series 12 will be slightly further into early Spring, but yes, soon.

I thought the Christmas Special was woeful. The last few series have been very hit and miss for me, IMO.

I'll give Series 12 a whirl, but not holding out for anything special.

I loved it. Jason Donovan is such a good sport.

Yes, I agree, Jason Donovan was a great addition. Good episode I thought.

The Pointless episode is still my favourite though! And we enjoyed that one on Dave last night ?

Panto episode was beyond painful.....so much rubbish

Only just seen it's back in 1 week in a trailer tonight.

Last few series have been hit and miss but when there's been a hit, I've really enjoyed it. Looking forward to it!

Quote: Feeoree @ 18th March 2022, 10:39 PM

Only just seen it's back in 1 week in a trailer tonight.

Last few series have been hit and miss but when there's been a hit, I've really enjoyed it. Looking forward to it!

Yeah, I just saw that too! This Friday (25th March) at 9.30pm, BBC1. Got it on to record.

I just hope that in the new series, there's less of the arguing and belittling comments between the married couples - particularly the way Anna treats Toby, but increasingly, also between Lucy and Lee. I realise that there's a long running tradition in British comedy of the 'domineering wife berating the hapless husband', but in this case it was getting a bit uncomfortable to watch, for a sitcom which is supposed to be light hearted.

If you can get to see a filming or even a run through. I've seen both and very enjoyable. The recordings now though are too popular for me to make the effort.

Really enjoyed the first episode. Lots of good laughs and nice payoff at the end.

I thought the very ending was slightly weak but screamed with laughter through much of the rest of the episode. Really very funny indeed.

More sitcoms like this please, BBC. Wonderful, feel-good, distracting escapism.

I thought the opening scene was a bit overly long.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th March 2022, 5:24 PM

I thought the opening scene was a bit overly long.

Definitely

It was almost painful

Not a great episode overall, IMO, and lacking the creativity that they had a couple of series ago, when events would take unexpected twists. This was just too predictable - I knew that Frank's old 'art' poster was going to be that exact picture, for instance.

Also, during the episode, there were 3, possibly even 4, rounds of applause from the audience (!) which is overkill for a half hour sitcom and kills the pacing.