only 55 people out of 100 can read this Page 2

I got dyslexia and I could read it. But years of putting up with ",u, rofl, omfg." has probably softened my mind to accept any thing as a sentence/woord.

Quote: Gavin @ October 30, 2007, 3:55 PM

I got dyslexia and I could read it.

That's cause you are a freakLaughing out loud Whistling nnocently ;)

;)

England
Scotland
Wales
;)

Cinnamon IS Jamie Jones!!!!!

Thats quite cool!
Fankoo Marion. I am going to thieve it & pass it on.

Did you know that cutting off someones Social Security Benefits is an amazing cure for Dyslexia!

I'm only joking of course!!!

...it just converts it to 'back problems'... ;)

Hahaha, I can well believe that one.

You can only get benefits for dyslexia if you have such a severe case, you can't work which is extremely rare.

We would be talking about a total breakdown in dealing with any form of information - reading, hearing, memory, etc. I get very annoyed when peole put all dyslexia in the same boat, thinking "Just misread a few words and get an easy ride for life". Dyslexia isn't about mis-spelling a few words wrong, it's to do with how your brain deals with information. And no it's not an easy ride. Every dyslexic person can display different symptons so it's hard for people to spot. I wasn't dianosed until adulthood so I grew up thinking I was just stupid and my teachers deciding I was just slow and I recieved no help whatsoever so I had to really work to get my education, even when I had to work long hours at the same time as fitting my studies in so I could support my family and I would never want anyone to go through everything I went through growing up.

Joke about dsylexia if you want. After all, I do it myself but never just assume it's easy for anyone who has it.

PS. I know you didn't mean it like that Hattie XXXX

The 3 dyslexics I showed it to can read it. They are a mix of auditory, visual and another type which I have forgotten at the moment. I find it difficult to read for other reasons. Most of the dyslexics I know laugh at dyslexic jokes. Just like disabled jokes, racist jokes etc. are funny to some and not others, I'm sure this is the case with dyslexia. An interesting debate.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ October 30, 2007, 7:57 PM

PS. I know you didn't mean it like that Hattie XXXX

No I didn't mean it, anyone who GENUINELY has any illness or disability also has my empathy..

Still wish we could deal effectively with benefit scroungers though.. they squander resources that could be used for those with genuine difficulties.. or other worthwhile causes..

Frankie xxx

I am banned by Aaron from being Hattie (he's an old meanie..;))

Still wish we could deal effectively with benefit scroungers though.. they squander resources that could be used for those with genuine difficulties.. or other worthwhile causes..

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, I think a lot of us may know someone like that.

A similar thing happens in chess, masters have been tested and they remember positions in 'blocks' of information (like we do with words), apparently it helps the mind to break up information and store it with more ease.

If you jumble a position up(like you have with these words), an amatuer would soon get lost but a master does better because he has a better chess 'vocabularly'.

Incidently i think there is another word one like this where people miss out complete words like it's in a sentence.

That's why proof-reading one's own stuff can be so difficult!