Vintage adverts Page 26

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th May 2022, 9:44 AM

When I was in Alaska, I went on a date with a guy who told me he was identified as an Eskimo at birth but he'd subsequently transitioned into an Inuit. I didn't know what he was talking about but, being so far north, I decided to go with the floe.
Herc's vintage Datsun advert reminded me of him because he wanted a snow job - and on the very first date, would you believe? Not Herc. The Eskimo-turned-Inuit I mean.
Cheeky sod. He didn't get one.
Talk about polar bare-faced cheek!
He was quite an ice guy though.

It's an ice ikkle car.

1914................. OK, from over the pond, but I do like this one. "Pork 'n Beans" Cowboy food - Yeehah!!

1954........... Always makes me smile when I see a Daz advert, as it reminds of the very funny sketch in ISIRTA - strictly one for us oldies

I was always an Omo man myself...

Umm, get you honky tonk.

I did have a mate in the early 60s whose nickname was Omo, and in later years, none of us could remember how he came to be named thus. Weird really, and sadly he died at an early age in the mid 80s.

1953........... I'll not repeat the joke that relates to these fags.

1950s : Mazda Light Bulbs
Good sense of humor with a longer February...

From 1991......... another one of these "don't print the brand ads", which I think actually worked quite well at the time, as it made people think about the brand (subliminal thought) - this one being B&H Gold

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th May 2022, 9:17 AM

From 1991......... another one of these "don't print the brand ads", which I think actually worked quite well at the time, as it made people think about the brand (subliminal thought) - this one being B&H Gold

This one is actually unique and has a catchy concept. No wonder if it worked.

1924....... I think "HiFi" has moved on a bit in the last 100 years

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th May 2022, 9:21 AM

1924....... I think "HiFi" has moved on a bit in the last 100 years

Yes, we have CDs now and, as we all know, you can do anything with them - even spread jam om them - and they will still play perfectly ?

Quote: Philocalist @ 12th May 2022, 9:40 AM

1950s : Mazda Light Bulbs
Good sense of humor with a longer February...

The great, the one and only Ronald Searle!