Vintage adverts Page 24

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th April 2022, 3:11 PM

Looks fine on my PC

Hmmm, works in EDGE but not in Firefox.

Ahh, "Life with the Lyons", brings back many happy memories, but whatever happened to HP Tomato Ketchup. Well, Heinz did of course, and is still the No.1 today. Having said that, Heinz Ideal (Brown) Sauce, could never compete with HP Sauce, which is also No.1 in this day and age, and oddly enough, was bought out by Heinz a few years ago.

You can't say you don't learn anything on this thread. ? Not that it'll make any difference to your life, or make you win quizzes.

1991............ When the trend, was to make the cigarette advert as obscure as possible - I think this one is for Silk Cut

1986.................. Speaking of Fine Fare, as we were awhile back................

Gosh!I didn't realize how sexist the 80's were.

Jungbauerntraume 2021:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/6470365/topless-calendar-women-tractors-stir-europe-uk/

1944......... Still going strong, and I quote from their web site "Our heritage stretches back to 1837 when Bird's custard powder was invented by Alfred Bird"

1931............ - About £11,500 in today's money, so not as cheap as it looks, and there's no mention of purchase tax.

In the days before Macdonalds:

Quote: psmith @ 30th April 2022, 7:38 PM

Gosh!I didn't realize how sexist the 80's were.

What makes you think that?

Nearly a hundred years earlier than previous one - 1898..................... 1¼p for 10 fags!!