Vintage adverts Page 14

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd March 2022, 8:57 AM

I had one of those tranny's (can you say that these days) It went everywhere with me.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th March 2022, 9:27 AM

I had one of those tranny's (can you say that these days) It went everywhere with me.

I'm staying out of this, for fear of name calling by you know who

Yes, they ran together.

The Triple Bar, as I recall, had white chocolate in the middle, between a layer of milk chocolate and a layer of plain chocolate. Hence the name Triple.

The Sandwich Bar, like a sandwich, had a middle layer (plain chocolate) between two layers of the same (milk chocolate).

Hmm, that's interesting - I wonder which one sold the most. I think I'd gone for the Triple Bar, as I'm not a big fan of white chocolate

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd March 2022, 8:57 AM

The first tranny I had was a bright orange plastic Japanese model of the top right style, I vaguely remember we called that type a pocket radio, and it was one of the best things I've ever owned. A young nipper tuning into Tommy Vance on Radio Luxembourg at 2 in the morning to listen to Mud, oh what great and carefree times.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th March 2022, 9:57 AM

The first tranny I had was a bright orange plastic Japanese model

Sorry, it's too funny to pass up.

:D

1959............Going from memory of my father buying a pair of these, which I still have, I reckon this was the year they were launched in the UK

1910 When they had medicines that would cure everything.

I thought the only cure for hysteria was a slap in the face.

And, nearly a hundred years later, in 2001

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th March 2022, 8:08 AM

Do you think they knew exactly what they were saying?