House of Games Page 11

Quote: a plate @ 4th January 2023, 1:03 AM

I don't think it matters though, just because you don't recognise a contestant it doesn't mean they won't be entertaining.

And the opposite is also true - some of the most famous people won't necessarily be suited to this show.

I fully agree, but it's not who they are, and whether we know them or not, it's his insistence in calling them (rubbed off from classic arse-licker Alexandre Armstrong, I expect) "Famous Faces", when clearly, they ain't.

I think he's got the message this week. He hasn't said Four Famous Faces. The only one I knew was Jason Mohammed.

You don't know who Suzannah Lipscomb is??

She does some great history programs

Quote: Chappers @ 11th January 2023, 7:32 PM

I think he's got the message this week. He hasn't said Four Famous Faces. The only one I knew was Jason Mohammed.

Ditto. It was noticeable that he said "Our four players this week are................", and he was the only one I knew because of the footie

Quote: lofthouse @ 11th January 2023, 9:07 PM

You don't know who Suzannah Lipscomb is??

She does some great history programs

Yep, I recognised her too - also Dave Johns (though he looks quite different with the beard and headwear) is a (relatively) familiar face on the British comedy circuit, and was the lead role in the film I, Daniel Blake.

Quote: a plate @ 12th January 2023, 1:13 AM

Yep, I recognised her too - also Dave Johns (though he looks quite different with the beard and headwear) is a (relatively) familiar face on the British comedy circuit, and was the lead role in the film I, Daniel Blake.

I don't think I've ever seen him before and I'd have remembered that accent.

Question today - Dido's real name?

Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O'Malley Armstrong

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th January 2023, 6:23 PM

Question today - Dido's real name?

Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O'Malley Armstrong

Interesting post count Lofthouse. Don't do any more.

I was catching up on the Countdown Champion of Champions and Richard Osman in Dictionary corner was talking quite sweetly
about how he met his wife Ingrid Oliver when she appeared on House of Games.

If anyone doesn't know who she is
She's the one who rapes Mark Corrigan in Peep Show
and she is also the character who is Possibly a Zygon in new Dr Who

II think it's really unfair that Lauren's buzzer is on her left.

It's ok

Richard makes up for it by patronising the hell out of her the whole episode

Come on Richard. Saying to Laurence Llewelyn Bowen *you've got to fancy yourself today." He always does!

Back to normal. I don't know ANY of them this week.

The black lady is an athlete

Not a scooby about t'others...

Quote: Chappers @ 30th January 2023, 6:04 PM

Back to normal. I don't know ANY of them this week.

Yup. Famous? Really?