House of Games Page 10

Yasmine Akram! Please put those legs away. They are very distracting!!!

Ingrid Oliver seems to always have a big smile on her face, but who can blame her, being engaged to a multi-millionaire author. and game show host.

Cynic!
Everyone on yesterday's show seemed happy, not just her.
I've always liked her. It's a good line-up this week.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 18th November 2022, 5:35 AM

Cynic!
Everyone on yesterday's show seemed happy, not just her.
I've always liked her. It's a good line-up this week.

Hello, Chris has thrown his toys out again ?

Who said anything about the rest of the panel, I merely commented on Ingrid's situation.

Yes, they're all good strong contenders, with maybe Rosenthal being slightly the weakest and always been a big fan of Stephen - I wish they had made more of Dirk Gently!! Loved that short - pilot + three! Grrrr! series.

No toys or prams involved!

For the first time I can remember - I've known ALL the four "famous faces"...............things are looking up on the "celebrity" front

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th December 2022, 12:09 AM

For the first time I can remember - I've known ALL the four "famous faces"...............things are looking up on the "celebrity" front

Hurrah! I was beginning to think you'd only be satisfied with the celebrity guests if they had the likes of Bernard Bresslaw and Charles Hawtrey! ?

Scarlett Moffatt is surprisingly quite clever.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th December 2022, 12:09 AM

Only 3 out of 4 for me I'm afraid.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th December 2022, 7:34 PM

Scarlett Moffatt is surprisingly quite clever.

...and I love the fact that she doesn't know who Bono is. I hope he was watching.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 28th December 2022, 7:42 PM

Only 3 out of 4 for me I'm afraid.

Don't tell me...it's got to be Scarlett

Quote: Chappers @ 28th December 2022, 7:59 PM

...and I love the fact that she doesn't know who Bono is. I hope he was watching.

Yes! ?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th December 2022, 11:34 PM

Don't tell me...it's got to be Scarlett

You know me so well.

Back to normal. I only knew one of the "4 famous faces!" Adrian Chiles.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd January 2023, 7:01 PM

? That's exactly what I was going to post!

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd January 2023, 7:01 PM

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd January 2023, 11:49 PM

? That's exactly what I was going to post!

According to this article, others are saying the same thing!
Headline: "BBC Richard Osman's House of Games Viewers haven't the foggiest idea who contestants are apart from one familiar face" https://www.mylondon.news/news/tv/bbc-richard-osmans-house-games-25880376

Personally I recognised Greg McHugh, couldn't remember where from at first, so googled it and he was in Fresh Meat.

I don't think it matters though, just because you don't recognise a contestant it doesn't mean they won't be entertaining.

And the opposite is also true - some of the most famous people won't necessarily be suited to this show.

For example, Robert DeNiro might just sit there grinning or some shit. "Get involved, Robert", viewers would say! "Why bother booking Robert DeNiro if he's just gonna sit there grinning", enraged fans would tweet!