BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 37

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th December 2020, 8:16 AM

Cough!

Sounds like you might have the virus.

Sorry Stephen, I actually calculated your scores, along with everyone else, but forgot to include them. If I get a free moment I'll do it again because I've binned the page I wrote it on. No mischief intended.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th December 2020, 8:53 AM

he's started early on the Christmas sherry I just hope he didn't play his wildcard as well. Teary

I only drink grain alcohol when I'm working.

And you know I played my wildcard - there's only two GWs left before it expires.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th December 2020, 8:53 AM

I'm not sure if Godot thinks we're going to wipe out everyone's week 1 points to suit him or it's a bit of his gamesmanship to unsettle the leaders.

Why would you not subtract the GW1 points? Are you that lacking in confidence that you have to have a week's points advantage over me? Everybody in the league should be starting from the same position. I'm very happy to lose my GW2 points to accommodate Don, who started GW3. Why not?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th December 2020, 9:48 AM

You forgot to take off the gameweek 13 points because nobody had told you that there were midweek fixtures (even though the fixtures are shown at the bottom of each team's pages).

You also need to take off all scores prior to 4 November because, until then, Chappers did not know how the transfers worked.

And don't forget to cancel out the gameweek 12 scores because Ben had not realised that there was a Friday game and therefore missed the Friday deadline for adjusting his team.

And you'll need to take off the scores for gameweek 11 beacuse Stephen G had made a mistake in prioritising his substitutes.

Then you'll need to adjust the Head to Head because, clearly, the total scores for each team will need to tally in both leagues.

Oh, and you'd better let the Premier League know so that they can take the revised scores into account when awarding the Fantasy League prizes at the end of the season.

Hyperbole - impressive. So you don't just eat tuck and block out the sun.

Listen fatboy, I joined this league because people asked me to and because they lamented I wasn't here:

Ben: "Is Godot Taxis involved? His rants about how his team would be top of the league if they all played together for real are some of my fondest BCG memories." https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/35718/3/

Kipper: "Shame we can't get him back, he was the life and soul of the FF league." https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/35718/4/

Herc: "if you want to join the newer CLIQUE you would be most welcome as you would certainly add some zip - I always enjoyed your barbs." https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/35718/5/

Just from this thread alone.

You joined because your local betting shop was closed due to flooding. No-one asked you to - in fact no-one has ever asked you to do anything in life, except f**k off.

If you weren't in the league, named after a fictional character you didn't create, using an avatar of an actor that isn't you playing the same fictional character, people wouldn't lament it or comment on it - they wouldn't even notice.

In fact, even if you die mid season, it's highly unlikely to even generate a post on here, so I'd say keep your own council from now on.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 24th December 2020, 6:35 PM

I joined this league because people asked me to and because they lamented I wasn't here:

Just from this thread alone.

Herc: "if you want to join the newer CLIQUE you would be most welcome as you would certainly add some zip - I always enjoyed your barbs." https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/35718/5/

Oh yeah. I remember that - I was drunk at the time, having just won the lottery.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 24th December 2020, 6:35 PM

Listen fatboy, I joined this league because people asked me to and because they lamented I wasn't here:

You joined because your local betting shop was closed due to flooding. No-one asked you to - in fact no-one has ever asked you to do anything in life, except f**k off.

Yes, we asked him to join, and he's as welcome as every player here. Banter's banter but please remember Aaron's request not to get too personal. (We don't want him on here again :) ) Billy's also a very good player as evidenced by his debut third last season (albeit in a smaller league) and his H2H victory, and his current lead here, so challenging him in the game should be the aim, not his posts. He may interpret double gameweeks differently, that's his freedom to, but he's meticulous on the game rules and gets his player data from Football Radar. (There's a name drop for you.) He's also been very sporting in helping one or two out with their reading.

Boxing Day games tomorrow and a busy festive period ahead should test a few managers' strategies, with there being different ways of playing these bunched up fixtures. But I'd say being aware that it is a busy fixture list is the key, Chappers. That's my Christmas charity bit done for the season, hope your players' PL coaches f**k your FPL team selections and leave mine alone. Wave Merry Christmas.

Yeah, thanks Billy for all the help you have given me. It's made the game more exciting for me, probably to the point where I am definitely hooked - if watching the points during the games means hooked

And thanks to Alf and Herc for promoting it so well that we got a decent number in the league(s)

And merry Christmas to all and good will to all players....and bad results
Right, I'm off to play with my Scalextric

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th December 2020, 9:47 AM

Right, I'm off to play with my Scalextric

Awww, is that what Santy Claus put in your stocking?

Spoiler alert - You know he's not real don't you...........Tee Hee

Take the outside track, Stephen. Or is it the inside one? I've forgotten which track they come off at the corners.

Thanks, Alf & Stephen for your comments.

(Though for the record I do not use - or have even heard of - Football Radar or anything similar.)

Happy Christmas to all (or at least most!)

Just finished my Christmas dinner and about to watch my It's A wonderful Life DVD before Morecambe & Wise comes up on BBC2.

Later I'll have some pumpkin pie and I'll do some carolling :)

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th December 2020, 2:04 PM

............................. before Morecambe & Wise comes up on BBC2.

Caught the Cleopatra sketch with Glenda Jackson yesterday - THAT is what classic comedy is all about. Absolutely hysterical, despite many previous viewings. Loved seeing Glenda desperately trying to keep a straight face and remember her lines, what with Eric's onslaught. Laughing out loud

She was a sort t'owd Glenda in her day too.

There's a lot of tinkering going on in Tinkerton today. The Xmas schedule's as stuffed as Billy Bunter after his postal order's arrived. Will be a test of the best, this festive period. Who's players have had one mince pie too many? Who's players are looking forward to their Boxing day turkey sandwich more than playing in the freezing cold? Who's players are in teams with two games in two days? We shall soon see...Huh?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 24th December 2020, 6:02 PM

And you know I played my wildcard - there's only two GWs left before it expires.

It's looking like a good one so far for this GW at least. I see you've picked the cheapest (non available) defender to give you a tiny bit extra spending power but it's risky with bunched up schedules and PL managers rotating a lot at the mo. I've noticed more 0 points than usual from teams here this season. That's when you need available players on your bench for the auto selections. We'll see if it hinders you or not.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 24th December 2020, 6:02 PM

Why would you not subtract the GW1 points? Are you that lacking in confidence that you have to have a week's points advantage over me? Everybody in the league should be starting from the same position. I'm very happy to lose my GW2 points to accommodate Don, who started GW3. Why not?

Don was in from GW1 then decided to leave then come back again, although he's stopped playing. That's up to him. You've missed just one game in 38, and despite the points loss it allowed you to see which players started the season in the best form without making any changes. At least one player her used their wildcard in GW2!!! Insane.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 27th December 2020, 10:21 AM

At least one player her used their wildcard in GW2!!! Insane.

I was confused..................don't like you anymore and I'm telling my Dad. Teary

And I'm not a her.

You know, I sometimes wonder why I bollocking bother.

One starred player last week, didn't this (Wilson - who I put in for Vardy as he was shown to be injured and yet he played). So that's zero, f**k-all points.

4 (two who were starred last week) score 1 point each
and 2 (one of whom was starred) score 2 points each

So as it stands at the moment, I have two players left (Salah and Son), BOTH OF WHICH are on Shotgun Blues' team, with us both on 24 points in the H2H, BUT he also has two others yet to play, meaning it's a cert I will be second again and he will take top spot again.

Well thanks a f**king bunch fate. Angry

Come on Herc, you give us all pleasure with your gripes...so some good comes out of it.
+ I'm watching mine and yours positions carefully.