BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 36

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd December 2020, 7:16 PM

Unless the stadium is in tier 3 or tier 4 of course. But best of luck anyway.

Yes, and if that is the case, a bunch of us are going to shout and cheer from outside the stadium.

And thank you for your well wishing :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd December 2020, 12:16 AM

Yes, and if that is the case, a bunch of us are going to shout and cheer from outside the stadium.

And thank you for your well wishing :)

Oh stuff your bleedin' moustache off into the community concept if you will.

The day I kicked you out of my bed and replaced you with Big Ted with Alexa in my lugholes.

Well, let's just say, not a day too soon.

And Christ knows why at my delicate age I walked the entire coast of Suffolk just to please your highness.

In hobnail boots on shingle, a g string although I had crabs, and combat trousers even if the enemies were the trivial Sizewell B, purple heather that set off the excema on parts I cannot mention, and you.

Well, I am now out of you. I'm going to have daily baths from tomorrow and just because you have fetishes you can't stop me. That's it. As for sex it is still very much no but I am keeping the idea of affectionate pets open.

Quote: Ben @ 22nd December 2020, 9:24 AM

For the first time in three gameweeks I managed to actually tinker with my side before the deadline. That's the price I have to pay for being so in demand elsewhere. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone else.

Ben your handsomeness will only get you so far in this league
And I can see that It's already becoming a hindrance, If you don't take this game more seriously then I fear you may even be overtaken by Alfred Kipper at some point

Quote: A Horseradish @ 22nd December 2020, 10:37 PM

Happy birthday Godot for the 18th just gone. Always magnanimous, I just wish you had done the same for me as you know we share one. But maybe yours is late in the post.

Thanks Radish.

I remembered I shared a birthday with someone but couldn't remember who and no-one came forward. Anyway there's always next year.

Quote: Ben @ 22nd December 2020, 9:24 AM

For the first time in three gameweeks I managed to actually tinker with my side before the deadline. That's the price I have to pay for being so in demand elsewhere. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone else.

Just rest your iPad on her back. If she notices say you're booking a restaurant for later.

Much later, the way it's going.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 23rd December 2020, 7:46 AM

Thanks Radish.

I remembered I shared a birthday with someone but couldn't remember who and no-one came forward. Anyway there's always next year.

Just rest your iPad on her back. If she notices say you're booking a restaurant for later.

Oh thank you so much, GT.

That is so normal of you and it reminds me so much of me actually.

Civil, erudite, not making love to the grim reaper and always on the verge of guffawing.

Who says that astrology is bogus?

Time for some adjusted scores...

This is the table with everyone's GW1 score subtracted to make it fair to me:

Anton - 797
Ben - 792
Bunter - 790
Godot - 778
Radish - 765
Kipper - 764
Steve - 758
V Stock - 729
Herc - 723
Shotgun - 716
Shaggy - 710
Dan - 701
Chappers - 527

This is the table with GW1 + GW2 subtracted to make it fair to Don:

Bunter - 735
Godot - 731
Anton - 728
Steve - 711
Ben - 707
Radish - 696
Kipper - 694
V Stock - 667
Herc - 665
Shotgun - 657
Dan - 641
Shaggy - 632
Don - 552
Chappers - 496

Both tables add 100pts to Playfull to compensate for his wildcard f**k up, assuming one transfer cost of -4pts.

Don is still way behind in the adjusted table, indicating he's somewhat off the pace this season, but it's fairer and more accurate and might encourage more participation.

Cough!

I think it's a work in progress Stephen rather than a slight on you. There's only 13 in the top one. If he's started early on the Christmas sherry I just hope he didn't play his wildcard as well. Teary

I'm not sure if Godot thinks we're going to wipe out everyone's week 1 points to suit him or it's a bit of his gamesmanship to unsettle the leaders. I'll go for the latter. It won't unsettle me as I've dropped out of the running, a deliberate ploy so Sunshine can't overtake me again. :S

Anyway Merry Xmas all and I hope your players all have too much turkey and your teams get a good stuffing. Mine are banned from Xmas and as fit as champion greyhounds. I want my top four spot back by January. Pirate

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 24th December 2020, 2:39 AM

Time for some adjusted scores...

You forgot to take off the gameweek 13 points because nobody had told you that there were midweek fixtures (even though the fixtures are shown at the bottom of each team's pages).

You also need to take off all scores prior to 4 November because, until then, Chappers did not know how the transfers worked.

And don't forget to cancel out the gameweek 12 scores because Ben had not realised that there was a Friday game and therefore missed the Friday deadline for adjusting his team.

And you'll need to take off the scores for gameweek 11 beacuse Stephen G had made a mistake in prioritising his substitutes.

Then you'll need to adjust the Head to Head because, clearly, the total scores for each team will need to tally in both leagues.

Oh, and you'd better let the Premier League know so that they can take the revised scores into account when awarding the Fantasy League prizes at the end of the season.

Laughing out loud

Then you won't want your points for gameweek 19 Billy because

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 19th December 2020, 1:39 PM

Double game weeks don't happen.

That should relieve you of the lead. Good good, I'll inform FPL now.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th December 2020, 1:03 PM

Then you won't want your points for gameweek 19 Billy because...

...That should relieve you of the lead. Good good, I'll inform FPL now.

But of course that's not what's being advocated. What's being advocated is that, where someone makes a mistake that disadvantages them, everyone should have their points deleted for that week to even things up. So, if I should lose out by everyone else playing their triple captain chip that week, it would be everyone's points that are nullified - not just mine.

However, what I said was not wrong. Gameweek 19 is not a double gameweek. There is a full programme over the weekend with a few further games rescheduled for the Tuesday & Wednesday. Which is exactly the scenario I envisaged:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 19th December 2020, 1:39 PM

Double game weeks don't happen. As we've seen this week, if there is a scheduled programme, they split it up into two separate game weeks. So one's relying on just the odd postponed game being re-arranged for a Tuesday or Wednesday when the clubs involved have already played over the weekend.

And, given that four of the teams playing additional games are West Ham, Burnley, Fulham & West Brom, I don't imagine that too many teams will be relying on their players for a bonanza score. And then, with the more successful clubs, there's the question of squad rotation...

Yeah, they're called Double Gameweeks and have been for years. Obviously you have lesser gameweeks for them to be needed. No one said every team will be playing twice that week, it's not that literal. For example Villa are owed two games on most others so there could be a further double gameweek with just one extra game.

To say they make no difference is ignoring the history of them in the FPL and is complete nonsense as Steve Sunshine & Gerry from the old league have based their whole seasons around them and been victorious doing it. The swines. Pirate I however, get completely shafted by them, Angry with as you suggest, the real PL managers not joining in but changing their teams. steam

In Gameweek 3 I'd had my team how I wanted it, and then the door bell rang. I answered it, BUT when I came back to conclude my team selection, I forgot to click the "Save Your Team" button, didn't notice, owing to Doorbellgate, and my "old" team played, earning me a mere 36 points.

Can I claim compensation?