BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 38

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th December 2020, 3:23 PM

Come on Herc, you give us all pleasure with your gripes...so some good comes out of it.
+ I'm watching mine and yours positions carefully.

Oh yeah, just ahead at the moment and you with four players still yet to score.

That's right - rub it in. Oooh, you know how to hurt when someone is down. Teary

Is everyone ready for the cup? After climbing back from my self inflicted points debacle i might just sneak in...

I think i have won my head to head with king Billy. Just proves it is more luck than judgement!

Quote: playfull @ 27th December 2020, 3:38 PM

Is everyone ready for the cup? After climbing back from my self inflicted points debacle i might just sneak in...

Yes you've had the best December of us all, so far, one gameweek left.

Stephen G if you don't play your wildcard by 1.30pm today you'll lose it. Sometimes I think I'm being too helpful. That'll change once I'm back in the top 4. Pirate

Not the disaster last week was for me but still not enough to close the gap the leaders are opening up. My captain picking radar's blown a valve. I don't think they make them anymore. Angry

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th December 2020, 3:05 PM

You know, I sometimes wonder why I bollocking bother.

Well thanks a f**king bunch fate. Angry

OK, so I now have 7 starred players on the pitch - let's just see how many of the c**ts either Don't Play/Play For Only 20 minutes/Play Like Shit/Score Zero etc. etc. etf**kingcetera

Once again baffled!
I tried to use my wildcard and changed lots of players
The 'make transfers' was greyed out and even though I left play wildcard on, when I went to pick team, the new players were not there?

I just tried to see what would happen with my team but cannot replicate what you are trying as I have already used it already this half of the season - you have until 1.30pm to use it.

I can only think you are doing something in the wrong order (I'm playing all the right players, but not necessarily in the right order - I'll give you that sunshine)

Activate the cross to the left of all the players you want to get rid of. Then select the players you want. Then BEFORE you transfer and it should then ask you if you want to use the Wildcard.

Activate that and it should all go through.

The only other reasons it won't work is IF you have exceeded your budget and IF you have more than three players from the same team and IF you are not sticking to the 2 Goalkeepers - 5 Defenders - 5 Midfielder and 3 forwards.

Hope that helps. Of course, you don't have to use it, just 'cos you can if you are happy with your team and I see you do have two Free transfers.

Quote: playfull @ 27th December 2020, 11:26 PM

I think i have won my head to head with king Billy. Just proves it is more luck than judgement!

It all boiled down to the final game of the weekend - and who would score the more points - Neto or Kane. Then, after 86 minutes, Neto took the corner from which Wolves scored and there were some (metaphorical) people on the pitch thinking it was all over. And it was.

That's 3 out of the last 4 H2H games I have lost. :(

Curiouser and curiouser.......
Tried on my iPad and it worked fine.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th December 2020, 12:42 PM

Curiouser and curiouser.......
Tried on my iPad and it worked fine.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th December 2020, 10:44 AM

I just tried to see what would happen with my team but cannot replicate what you are trying as I have already used it already this half of the season - you have until 1.30pm to use it.

I can only think you are doing something in the wrong order (I'm playing all the right players, but not necessarily in the right order - I'll give you that sunshine)

Activate the cross to the left of all the players you want to get rid of. Then select the players you want. Then BEFORE you transfer and it should then ask you if you want to use the Wildcard.

Activate that and it should all go through.

The only other reasons it won't work is IF you have exceeded your budget and IF you have more than three players from the same team and IF you are not sticking to the 2 Goalkeepers - 5 Defenders - 5 Midfielder and 3 forwards.

Hope that helps. Of course, you don't have to use it, just 'cos you can if you are happy with your team and I see you do have two Free transfers.

So after all that, you didn't need me then. :(

You would think that tips along the lines of:: use your wild card properly and the game starts at week one would be elementary
Those shouldn't be the tricky parts of the game
The Tricky part is how many Man City players do we get back in once they are allowed out of quarantine.

I notice you got wind of it and shipped Sterling out sharpish. Several didn't, as their teams show. For once it didn't affect me. You get no compensation from the FPL, you lose the points the players would have got and that's it. They should have a system where you're able to have those same players back in for free for the rematch. And Everton are rightly cross, they're in really good form again and it just bunches up their fixtures.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 25th December 2020, 9:13 AM

Billy's also a very good player... so challenging him in the game should be the aim, not his posts.

He's actually been a complete arse to me, from the very beginning of the thread - take a look. My pushback has been very mild.

He's also been very sporting in helping one or two out with their reading.

Yeah? So have I. I took the time, across three long posts, to work out how Playfull managed to screw up his wildcard (by playing it two minutes before the previous game week had ended). Where's my cookie?

Don was in from GW1 then decided to leave then come back again, although he's stopped playing. That's up to him. You've missed just one game in 38, and despite the points loss it allowed you to see which players started the season in the best form without making any changes.

Don had his team deleted for IP violations. I don't see why he would lie about that.

I did not advocate deleting everyone's GW1 score until you started saying you would be adding 100pts back on to Playfull's total because of his wildcard f**kup and excluding people based on how many posts they made. If you're going to fiddle with the FPL results to make it fair you do the same with everyone, or leave it as it is.

There is no absolutely no advantage starting GW2, as is borne out by my score of 47 - the third lowest of the game week. In comparison you got 70, Ben 85 and Anton 69. You can't determine form from one game - the best you can say is that by starting GW2 you have a chance to see red-flagged players who are going on loans, but no one picks those players anyway.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th December 2020, 2:37 PM

But of course that's not what's being advocated. What's being advocated is that, where someone makes a mistake that disadvantages them, everyone should have their points deleted for that week to even things up. So, if I should lose out by everyone else playing their triple captain chip that week, it would be everyone's points that are nullified - not just mine.

No, that's not what's being advocated. What's being advocated is that we zero the scores from GW2 to accommodate a late entrant (me) who was persuaded to join by people on the forum after the deadline. I didn't make a mistake, I wasn't intending to play FF this season.

Excising the GW1 scores doesn't disadvantage anyone, because it means we all start with zero. If you removed say GW7's scores for example that would advantage and disadvantage players, but no-one is advocating that. To leave the current GW1 scores intact disadvantages me and advantages everyone else in the league, except Don.

It's nice to have you back Godot, you can be both funny and informative although not necessarily in that order
and as regards the GW1 / 2 hypothetical scenarios lets just stick with the table never lies rule

More importantly Spurs Fulham postponed as well!
If I'd have wanted to play a game full of chaos where blind luck reigns I would have joined the H2H league