BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 5

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th September 2020, 11:54 PM

It's not MY breakaway league and I've no idea where you get the "another" from - Alf started it last season because of the lack of management of the old one, which I remember a number of people (not me!) moaned about and wanted to start afresh, and so he asked me to help him promote it and get new/old members involved.

Yes.

As you know, I messaged you and Alf to thank you for your kindness privately.

Extremely grateful.

Others should know that you and I go back a very long way.

I have Suffolk in my genes and we were all breeding as one family in the 1800s.

That's why we are both artists.

There is more than a little Constable in each of us.

Thank you Horse :)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th September 2020, 8:36 AM

Sorry but I did think of Godot's howlers when I saw this. You only got 0. I think he got minus 18 or something once ha ha. Shame we can't get him back, he was the life and soul of the FF league.

Not even close. It was -32pts. Don't play your wildcard when drunk, unless you want it to be really wild.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/28067/71/

I'd completely forgotten about the wildcard option. I hadn't forgotten about Godot though, so good to see him back on the forums. Even if it's only briefly.

Not too bad a first week for me, but going for Kane was clearly a mistake. Willian was a stroke of genius though. All he needed was a hat trick to seal the deal.

Same for my Vardy, got me out of the '0' mire

Quote: Ben @ 14th September 2020, 6:59 PM

I'd completely forgotten about the wildcard option. I hadn't forgotten about Godot though, so good to see him back on the forums. Even if it's only briefly.

Hey Ben - how you doing?

Is there an official BCG league? I might join. Being a week behind would give me something to moan about.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 14th September 2020, 8:52 PM

Hey Ben - how you doing?

Is there an official BCG league? I might join. Being a week behind would give me something to moan about.

Well, you were the one always moaning about the absence of the "management" of the "official" BCG Clique (so what was official about it - just old mates/cronies?), so we started the BCG CLIQUE, which now has more members.

It's up to you. Couldn't give a flying f**k which one you joined, but if you want to join the newer CLIQUE you would be most welcome as you would certainly add some zip - I always enjoyed your barbs. ;)

Give me or Alf a PM if you would like the codes. Cool

Loving the Lampard backlash from Chelsea fans even though they won. If he has a higher IQ than Bielsa I am a tangerine hijab. Plus given the choice between listening to a reedy voice displaying the emotions and maturity of Violet Elizabeth Bott and a load of highbrow obsessive compulsive waffle supposedly turned into English by an interpreter, I'm with the second every time.

Bielsa may have f**ked Lampard in the Derby bushes with his spies unzipped. The Fwank and Abramovich sure do frigging in the rigging though not it seems with any sex in their pistols. That defence oddly doesn't shout abusive billionaire power. It looks like drenched crepe paper desperately in need of a gal with the spunk and sheer thrust of Mother Theresa. In a mandarin burka.

Je t'aime, moi non plus" is translated as "I love you - me not anymore"

What the bloody hell does that mean?

Is it a sad farewell to wanking reference or just grammatically not what one wants?

Quote: don rushmore @ 12th September 2020, 8:24 PM

You're a good read, mate. Much prefer your shtick to the 'safe' and 'vanilla' posting style of a few others.

Fascinating as always, Ron.......a hearty welcome back from your year's sabbatical.

Did your luck finally come in on the lottery or was it an unexpected placing at Wormwood Scrubs?

Well that was a f**king good first week - even Stephen with only seven players got more points than me!

Still, I think it's very magnanimous of Alf and me, after organising it all, should put out mediocre (or shit on my part) teams to allow our CLIQUE clients/punters to get off to a good start. :D

I thought it was 5 a side with 2 subs.

As Bert down the chippy always says; the journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.... or is it Wang Ho down the chinky?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th September 2020, 9:39 AM

I thought it was 5 a side with 2 subs.

Laughing out loud

As Bert down the chippy always says; the journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.... or is it Wang Ho down the chinky?

PC alert............................

(You're braver man than I am Gunga Din.) Cool

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th September 2020, 11:54 PM

It's not MY breakaway league and I've no idea where you get the "another" from

We've had breakaway leagues before, mate.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th September 2020, 10:50 PM

And nice to see Don back in town.

'Ello Steve. I saw you on Countdown, cheating. :)

I went for the nut sundae approach in all of my posts last night so as not to be vanilla.

But I do like the way others have taken it today.

Is it a mivvi?

Quote: don rushmore @ 15th September 2020, 2:47 PM

We've had breakaway leagues before, mate.

Not like this one mate, where Der Management let members get a good start. ;)

Besides, Alf and I will manage this one and not set it up and remain incognito, which I hasten to add you moaned about and wanted to start a new league up with Godot, leaving Dan on his tod.

A little asperity creeping in..