BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 11

Some of us did have Vardy as captain....

Your deleted player was Don. He says he had a fracas with the management and was rubbed out.

You'll probably win your H2H this week Billy

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th September 2020, 12:35 PM

Some of us did have Vardy as captain....

Yeah go on, rub it in after I poured my heart out in public. Teary

Quote: don rushmore @ 24th September 2020, 4:49 PM

No, Don has not quit. I've been, let's say, "in dispute" with FPL top brass over something and they've red carded me, the scoundrels, for dissent.

Are you seriously claiming that they deleted your account? I find that hard to believe. Although the FPL site and app has always been a pile of mismanaged shite. They just don't have any money - that's the trouble.

Anyway you have created another, whatever the reason for the former's demise and that's all that matters. Catchy name. Without your participation I probably wouldn't have stayed. Don't normally hang out with old blokes, Tories and people who can't understand the concept of a persona in writing.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th September 2020, 10:50 AM

You watch, next week when Vardy is playing at home, he'll get f**k-all and De Bruyne playing away will score 6 goals.

I can assure you, that isn't going to happen, but by all means captain him.

Some beautiful goals from Mahrez, Vardy and Rashford.

Wolves defending was abysmal, but they are carrying defensive injuries and Antonio did sparkle - which he can do when he wants to.

As for City... Pep should change his name NoPep. Nice to see Stirling's going bald. He's out if he does nowt next week. Pretty happy with my points so far, with captains still to go but I've got two free transfers so will have to sell at least one player. Probably be Wilson as I don't think I'll ever play him and it's going to annoy me seeing his points accrue on the bench.

Talking of how shit the FPL is - they have logged me out and I have sent three requests for my password with no reply, so I am effectively logged out of my account and can't modify my team or change players.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 28th September 2020, 5:54 PM

Don't normally hang out with old blokes, Tories and people who can't understand the concept of a persona in writing.

Well thanks a f**king bunch, and we love you too. At least us persona non grata post to this thread and revived a thread/league that was dying through lack of support - where's you "old mates" you seem so fond of then?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 28th September 2020, 5:54 PM

I can assure you, that isn't going to happen, but by all means captain him.

IF he plays

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 22nd September 2020, 3:47 PM

Out of a group of retards, idiots and wankers -

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 28th September 2020, 8:46 PM

I am effectively logged out of my account and can't modify my team or change players.

I realise now to whom you were referring in the first post. For a moment there I thought perhaps you were denigrating the rest of us. Whereas the rest of us seem to be coping ok with all this technology.

We're now into GW4 but still no sign of Dan or Shaggy. Or Anton. And barely a peep from jphellpool. I was promised a league of regular posters only.

What say you, administrators?

Three peeps lower score than me this last week, but down to 12th..................................Teary

NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS

Please post from time to time, as there is a minimum of SIX Different Gameweek Posts per season needed for a final top six position to count.

At the end of the season, League Secretary Herc will publish the Final Standings Table with adjustments for the penalties of failing to meet the posting requirement as above.

If you need a reminder of how many you've made throughout the season, Herc will kindly count them for you. :)

There is no upper limit to number of posts but please keep them FF related as there are hundreds of other threads here for general waffle.

So to recap, if you end in the top six it will not count if you've only posted on five gameweeks or less. This is needed to stop serial trophy hunters just using our league to bag their spoils without contributing to the clique league community. It is a sporting community as well as a league and these very modest sporting gestures are requirements of membership. Thank you and good luck. Play on...

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st October 2020, 1:35 PM

At the end of the season, League Secretary Herc will publish the Final Standings Table with adjustments for the penalties of failing to meet the posting requirement as above.

If you need a reminder of how many you've made throughout the season, Herc will kindly count them for you. :)

WHOA! Alf, I haven't time for all that, and when was I made League Secretary? You made the promise to Don, and he's taken you at your word.
Sorry mate, glad to help with the drumming up of trade, but that's it I'm afraid. Wave

NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS

Please post from time to time, as there is a minimum of SIX Different Gameweek Posts per season needed for a final top six position to count.

None of this was relayed to prospective members when they were being urged to join. You can't change the terms & conditions of entry once a game has started.

Maybe we shouldn't be allowing one member, who wasn't even in the league last year and can't seem to decide whether or not he can be bothered to be in it this year, and who is pretending to throw his toys out of the pram just for effect, to dictate conditions to the other 13 (or is it 12 - it seems to change on a daily basis).

Not sure how it would work anyway. How can one unilaterally "adjust" the table, given that it is calculated & published automatically by the organisers of the national game? And when you say "if you end in the top six it will not count...", count for what exactly?

Following the resignation of the League Secretary earlier today, there is a high level vacancy for any league member who can count. Apply here please. Benefits of job are One less gameweek post per season needed.

Fraternal brothers, it would seem that the management are in disarray leaving the members confused.
I suggest we implement an immediate overtime ban and an ha''penny on the rate.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st October 2020, 3:55 PM

You can't change the terms & conditions of entry once a game has started.

I haven't changed them, I've simply revealed them. All leagues, all clubs have rules, surely you didn't think I was running a 1960s commune? Me of all people.
But look again:

That's 6 out of 38 gameweeks. A very modest and achievable target for any reasonable minded member, I'll remind you, to keep fly by trophy hunters from entering the league, claiming victory or near victory without so much as a Hello, how's your midfield looking today?'

Not much to ask, I'm sure you'll agree. And you and at least half of the rest have practically qualified already. :) This is to encourage the others to join in from time to time as well, when they can fit it in, that's all.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st October 2020, 3:55 PM

None of this was relayed to prospective members when they were being urged to join.

You've got no idea what's been "relayed" to me, or anyone else, in private.