Mandy - Series 1 Page 2

And Greenidge. Tom Basden and Tony Way had parts in this too. Those three felt quite crowbarred in.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 18th August 2020, 7:39 PM

Didn't like the slanted mouth thing.

Agreed, wasn't she doing this to add to the awkwardness of her character , along with her posture?

Episode 5: meat, deserves an award. Ripping up the yellow pages and that dance. Laughing out loud

Oh yes. A few After Life people now you mention it although Way and David Bradley are in so many other things I didn't notice that link.
That didn't spoil my enjoyment anyway.
Maxine Peake was indeed great as well, yes.

I love 'Mandy'.

It's what 'Fleabag' could have been.

Biscuity.

Brilliant again. (3 & 4) Works so well in this format.

So many great little touches, how about Tina Sinkhole for a name?

I enjoyed this quite a lot in the end. Much better than the pilot. Glad they stuck with it!

Maybe the brevity of it makes it harder to gauge at first, I watched the pilot again after the series and found it funnier than I did last year.

Either way I hope there's another series.

Really enjoyed this series and was rather surprised the episodes were only 15 minutes long. They crammed so much story in that it felt like 25-minute episodes. And being so efficient with time is a tough ask.

This is Series 2 I'm commenting on. An episode came on by chance, and I looked for the remote, but for some reason stuck with it, and was amazed at what I saw was a true sitcom with a neat little story and was funny, shock horror. Creative yet conforming to sitcom values, I was surprised something like this would get through the woke squad's scrutiny because it's targeting a very definite stereotype to make fun of.

The 15 minute runtime works well I thought, it was very busy with little filler that most 'sitcoms' have now. Based on this one ep, I voted for it in the best sitcom category for the annual awards on here, and look forward to watching the others on iplayer. Hope the others are as good, but even if they aren't this is the best genuinely funny new sitcom since Derry Girls, so there are glimmers of hope for the future of sitcom still.

Quote: Ben @ 10th September 2020, 3:29 PM

Really enjoyed this series and was rather surprised the episodes were only 15 minutes long. They crammed so much story in that it felt like 25-minute episodes. And being so efficient with time is a tough ask.

Yes I felt as if I'd seen a full genuine sitcom ep. 30mins is quite tough to manage without it flagging. I wouldn't say a 15 minute sitcom was a sprint either, more like a 400m hurdle compared to the 1500m middle distance race, a 30 min sitcom is.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th January 2022, 11:04 PM

... Based on this one ep, I voted for it in the best sitcom category for the annual awards on here......the best genuinely funny new sitcom since Derry Girls.

I'll second that. But I preferred her first one that focused on a settee as that seemed more authentic than some of the stories in the second series, like the grandiose story of a being a stowaway. Great piece of character acting by Diane Morgan, mistake to call the character Mandy Carter as it get buried by more prominent Mandy's and Carters when you search. Diane's character in After Life is also excellent, she's coming of age.

Fatberg had me laughing out loud.

I know this thread is titled series 1, though seems to have become the sole thread, ha.

Series 3 incoming. This was such a weird show but great!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/7354/mandy-series-3-confirmed/

Minty piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig.