Coronavirus Page 34

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th April 2020, 4:56 PM

And there's still twats walking around the streets here in little groups, mainly seems to be younger people and foreign immigrants everyday, none to seem to give a f**k about the lockdown or the killer virus, or the NHS. Hardly seen a policeman or police car. France have the military out enforcing their strict lockdown, it's time for ours, way too many people not taking it seriously or just wilfully flaunting it. The majority will get mightily pissed off if the selfish minority are allowed to roam about while we're staying in in the nice weather.

I think statistically speaking it's older white men who are more likely to ignore official health warnings and blithely go on as they did before. And an awful lot of the conspiracy theory promoters also seem to tick the older white man box.

The UK's death toll in the last 24 hours is 697 which pushes the total to 11,329.

667 more deaths were recorded in England (population: 56 million)
9 in Scotland (population: 5.5 million)
15 in Wales (population: 3 million)
6 in Northern Ireland (population: 1.8 million)

I can't help but notice a certain disparity in the deaths per million population between England and the other members of the UK.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 13th April 2020, 2:57 PM

The UK's death toll in the last 24 hours is 697 which pushes the total past 11,000.

667 more deaths were recorded in England (population: 56 million)
9 in Scotland (population: 5.5 million)
15 in Wales (population: 3 million)
6 in Northern Ireland (population: 1.8 million)

I can't help but notice a certain disparity in the deaths per million population between England and the other members of the UK.

I can't help but notice that Andrea Bocelli has once again proven he is an outstanding artist. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huTUOek4LgU

How's the food situation in the U.K.? Sounds like cracks are beginning to form in our infrastructure. https://time.com/5819878/smithfield-pork-plant-closes-coronavirus/

Seems like it's going to be called The Great Lockdown. Not sure when we last had a lockdown, so not sure the word "great" adds much.

In the last 24 hours, another 778 people have died in the UK after testing positive for coronavirus.

The running total now stands at 12,107.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 11th April 2020, 5:10 PM

Secondly, in the last week for which total deaths are so far recorded on the Office for National Statistics website (w/e 27 March) the total deaths were 11,141. This is 1,011 above the five year average for the corresponding week. That equates to 144 per day.

I think the numbers are changing, BB.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 14th April 2020, 2:30 PM

Seems like it's going to be called The Great Lockdown. Not sure when we last had a lockdown, so not sure the word "great" adds much.

"The Great Lock-In" - now there's something I could get behind.

Dear Mail Readers Mailbox,

Alright you tosspots?

'Ows it going bruvs?

Eeeeeeeeee.

Look at you.

So now EU totty and so called sex expert Ursula Von Liedown has issued a Brussels Directive on what we can and can't do in our own bedrooms. According to this probably Swedish fount of all knowledge, the missionary position, oral sex with a condom, toe sucking in football kit, going up the fudge tunnel and orgying with adult members of your own family are safe. On the other hand, kissing, caressing and anything tantric with two inexpensive birds who ordinarily would enjoy a good 69 ing is not. That is, unless there is social distancing of 30 miles with reference to the nearest trigpoint,

She suggests spicing up personal relations imaginatively with sexting, blow up dolls that have been fully dettolised, masturbation on and with a computer, when it is impossible to even sit your arse on a laptop, and especially bondage. That's once you have washed your hands so as to, quote, empathise with the need to clamp yourself down. If it wasn't for the fact that this billionairess bureaucrat does at least have the common decency to advise against anus licking, anyone normal would think that she is promoting a perverts' charter. No wonder her erotic thriller "Whip Me Out Of My Bat Virus" sold more than I have drunk beer. To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if you at the Mail were the ones who sold it out.

I sometimes wonder about these people. They use every excuse in the book. When I was brought up conventionally by two nuns in a poor one parent household, we knew what non Directive rules were. I never said that I was unable to hang glide over the Andes before joining the SAS. Nor did I say Please Miss I don't feel well because I've got a bleeding heart so I can't single handedly defend this Great Britain of ours with a dedication to team work. I just got on my mountain bike and looked for work. I'd do anything. Anything at all. Dig ditches. Build bridges. Design new countries. Privatise all of our essential industries. Win wars. Run an egg and spoon race. I mean. What the f**k does she know? I bet she hasn't even seen the inside of a makeshift tarts den in the desert, let alone all of the organisation put in by the boys to erect one.

Also, she has no advice to give to the over 47s. Many have been through those phases and become bored. All she's good for are the mingers who are her main audience. Let's put it this way. The mirror tells the truth of it. Those of us with a decent satellite navigation system and a tank in our front garden look after our bodies. We never lose our 22 year old laddish great looks. There's birds out there who are gagging for us to pull them. All we ever get these days is moaning Remainers with a fake news monkey disease talking up all the immigrants then nannying against eight shags a night.

Sergeant Gazza Wayne Blenkinsop
Aged 48
Bradford

CV

Active Service : Falklands War (aged 8), Belfast (aged 11), 1st Gulf War, 2nd Gulf War, Post War Ops in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya, Royal Household Constabulary following Diana's Death, International Fire Service Duty at the Twin Towers and Later at Grenfell, Prevented 5,163 Islamic Terrorist Incidents in Greater Manchester Alone and Many Elsewhere

33 London Marathons, Eight Olympic Golds for Rowing, Responsible for Overseeing 500 Blind People Up the Himalayas on Elephant Back, First Space Rocket to the Moon in a Wheelchair, Charity Fund Raiser for Help For Heroes, Help Me, I'm a Hero and I Don't Need Your Help, I'm the Ultimate Hero, Honorary Degree From the University of Fathers 4 Justice,

Voted Best Leader, Best Mate, Best Personality, Best Laugh, Best Brave Bloke and Best Looking Geezer by his Platoon for seventeen consecutive years, married six times, father of 10, grandfather of 27, great grandfather of 4, great great grandfather of 2, great great great grandad to 1, my adorable little Dannii-Beyonce (although she is a big girl now and will be doing her GCSE's next year so we won't always be at Elland Road together) and Daddy to my eight Beautiful Pit Bulls.

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th April 2020, 3:42 PM

I think the numbers are changing, BB.

Yes, the second week of the lockdown. Not improving matters is it?.

Meanwhile, confirmation that the economy is crashing and unemployment rising with the resulting mental health issued that that will bring): https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/pandemic-could-shrink-uk-economy-by-a-third-obr/ar-BB12BHGw?ocid=spartandhp

... resulting in the inability to invest in the NHS, the building of more hospitals, schools and in fact everything else for decades to come as I pointed out in my previous post.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 11th April 2020, 5:10 PM

As a result of the government opting to crash the economy (as have France, Italy & Spain but unlike Sweden, where there have been only 887 coronavirus-related deaths in total rather than per day), there will be no funds available for future investment in the NHS (or anything else) and people will be living in poorer and more depressing conditions as a result of job losses and lack of opportunities.

So the question is, while the hope is apparently that we may save some lives from coronavirus from the "lockdown", how many will we in fact lose in the long-term as a knock-on effect? And is it a fair trade? Better ask future generations that one.

UK Swine Flue Deaths in Summer 2009:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b0/Swineflu_uk_hpa_model.svg/1024px-Swineflu_uk_hpa_model.svg.png

If the last week really was the worst year for deaths since records began as claimed then the number of non swine flu deaths in late July 2009 would have had to have been extremely - suspiciously - small. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't.

I do accept that there are many other factors. Swine Flu was not contained with a lockdown. It did not take place with severely depleted NHS staff resources and extreme tiredness among those who were still working. And the overall context was not one of global panic with media led borderline mass hysteria. I see the latter as the most important.

Kaufman claims it isn't a coronavirus. He makes some compelling points about whether this is the time to question germ science and human to human transmission of viruses which he now asks if they exist at all. But his theory falls down when he goes down the electronic route - we could all infected by external waves which leads on to 5G. Nah.

At least, I am not convinced by that line so far. In contrast, I am on the way to proving that flu and other viruses don't exist not because of that but because they are biologically an anxiety phenomenon. And currently the disease is mass anxiety.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th April 2020, 6:07 PM

Yes, the second week of the lockdown. Not improving matters is it?.

That's because there can be a three week lag between diagnosis and recorded death - plus the 4 or 5 days before you actually realise you've picked it up. The current figures reflect our behaviour before lockdown. Thousands of lives could have been saved if we'd gone earlier instead of all f**king off to Cheltenham.

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th April 2020, 6:32 PM

That's because there can be a three week lag between diagnosis and recorded death - plus the 4 or 5 days before you actually realise you've picked it up. The current figures reflect our behaviour before lockdown. Thousands of lives could have been saved if we'd gone earlier instead of all f**king off to Cheltenham.

Or continued to use public transport, especially the London underground, or attended 11 premier league football matches and countless lower league games and other sporting events, or continued to frequent pubs & clubs. The list is endless.

Whether or not the lockdown is saving lives or whether the figures would be just the same without the lockdown is pure conjecture. We will never actually know so there is little point in continuing to argue about it.

What we will find out in due course, though, is the effect of the crashing of the economy.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th April 2020, 6:55 PM

Or continued to use public transport, especially the London underground, or attended 11 premier league football matches and countless lower league games and other sporting events, or continued to frequent pubs & clubs. The list is endless.

Whether or not the lockdown is saving lives or whether the figures would be just the same without the lockdown is pure conjecture. We will never actually know so there is little point in continuing to argue about it.

What we will find out in due course, though, is the effect of the crashing of the economy.

Whenever I have been supporting the Millwall, I haven't seen anyone there who would ever get Covid-19.

So, yes, I think bring Millwall back first and then gradually re-introduce the other teams on a scale.

Ending with Forest Green Rovers who won't accept insulated plastic kagouls and may have been depleted by veganism.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 14th April 2020, 6:58 PM

Whenever I have been supporting the Millwall, I haven't seen anyone there who would ever get Covid-19.

When I used to go and watch (the original) Wimbledon, I never saw anyone there full stop.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th April 2020, 7:00 PM

When I used to go and watch (the original) Wimbledon, I never saw anyone there full stop.

Vinny Jones scared them all off.