Coronavirus Page 16

So you're saying that you don't want people on this site to be idiots?

We might have a problem here.

What exactly was I encouraging?Whom? Where? All I was doing was highlighting the sheer inanity of the Swift/Kardashian feud as compared to the current worldwide tragedy. Sounds like you shot yourself in the foot with ya .22 rifle, pardner. Saddle up, Gene Autry, yeeeeee haw!!!!!!!

Sad that it was only the briefest of glimpses but how wonderful to see the great Basil Brush on The One Show tonight. I'm pleased to report that he looked extremely well and I do so hope he will be staying that way by avoiding all hand contact.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 26th March 2020, 7:54 PM

Sad that it was only the briefest of glimpses but how wonderful to see the great Basil Brush on The One Show tonight.I'm pleased to report that he looked extremely well and I do hope he will be staying that way by avoiding all hand contact.

Maybe, during the seventies, if Jimmy Savile had self isolated and avoided hand contact too........

Quote: paulted @ 26th March 2020, 8:18 PM

Maybe, during the seventies, if Jimmy Savile had self isolated and avoided hand contact too........

Yes........and during the fifties, during the sixties, during the eighties, during the nineties and during the two thousands.

No one in my road did the hand clapping thing at eight o' clock.

There were one or two fireworks, three of us twitched our curtains as we always do at eight o'clock, the chavs on the corner performed a sex act on their front door mat and our only centenarian held up a sign saying "RIP Lady Diana."

I joined a few people clapping plus cars honking and saucepans being banged.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th March 2020, 8:43 PM

I joined a few people clapping plus cars honking and saucepans being banged.

I always suspected "Surreyish" was code for Stepney and Poplar.

Quote: billwill @ 26th March 2020, 6:10 PM

I'm well aware that it was INTENDED as a joke, but it was way off being a reasonable joke. It amounted to encouraging less sensible people to go out & they would tend to spread the virus. It isn't a FUNNY matter!

There are much better FUNNY angles on the situation which do not amount to encouraging virus spreaders.

Oh and if you think that people wouldn't possibly be so stupid, have a read of this:

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/people-are-having-coronavirus-parties-how-stupid-can-you-be.html?utm_campaign=njcom_sf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=nj_facebook_njcom&fbclid=IwAR17y4nimxtebe6UJeqnJs0rHb7mhXX_ykXgd0mfiIqWdz66Gbqsd352XsI

For goodness sake, Bill, don't be such a prune. I have differences at times with some people on here, but I can't imagine ANY of them being silly in the way you think. The last thing we need right now is to lose our sense of humour. I thought the original post was well worth a snigger.

Let me just say that if I'm unfortunate to die ( being in my 70s) so long, It's been fun to know (most of) you.

I know people are trying to do their bit but with the advice to stay indoors is it really appropriate for people to be spilling out on the streets and clapping for ten minutes? In a practical sense is it really worth doing? Even though they are keeping distance it still seems to be going against the advice to stay inside.

But to echo Briosaid it's been nice to know you and I've had many a giggle here so hope you're all keeping well. The best advice for everyone is to stay home and don't have visitors. Get supplies delivered and keep your distance from anyone who drops them off. My parents are doing that but it makes you think how long will this have to go on for.

I had to go out today to Aldi and it was uncomfortable because of how quiet it was and without a facemask the uncertainty of catching it even though I kept my distance from people and washed my hands a few times when I got home.

Quote: Briosaid @ 26th March 2020, 10:27 PM

For goodness sake, Bill, don't be such a prune. I have differences at times with some people on here, but I can't imagine ANY of them being silly in the way you think. The last thing we need right now is to lose our sense of humour. I thought the original post was well worth a snigger.

Let me just say that if I'm unfortunate to die ( being in my 70s) so long, It's been fun to know (most of) you.

You have clearly forgotten that this is a public forum, you have no idea and no control of whosoever reads this forum. There are idiots who will read Paul's message and only note the first paragraph. They won't see his irony, they don't comment so you never know if they are there.

There are idiots around who deliberately cough at police & NHS workers, there are idiots who congregated on Wales's beauty spots, there are idiots who lick produce cans in supermarkets to deliberately infect them and there is a video of an idiot licking his fingers and deliberately smearing them on a passenger-support bar on a public transport. And I mentioned the NJ partying idiots above. So don't try telling me that you can't "imagine ANY of them being silly in the way you think", because if so you are not thinking straight.

There's good humour and there's bad humour and that instance of Paul's was bad.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 26th March 2020, 10:43 PM

I know people are trying to do their bit but with the advice to stay indoors is it really appropriate for people to be spilling out on the streets and clapping for ten minutes? In a practical sense is it really worth doing? Even though they are keeping distance it still seems to be going against the advice to stay inside.

And it is not as if it was an opportunity for the entire country to show off their flamenco skills.

It would have been easier for us all to accept if we had been saluting the brave lorry drivers who are managing to deliver even though their vehicles have no brakes and only three wheels.

We're so lucky to have social media. It's great to be able to keep in touch with folk via email, Facebook etc. We really aren't isolated.

Quote: billwill @ 26th March 2020, 11:11 PM

You have clearly forgotten that this is a public forum, you have no idea and no control of whosoever reads this forum. There are idiots who will read Paul's message and only note the first paragraph. They won't see his irony, they don't comment so you never know if they are there.

There are idiots around who deliberately cough at police & NHS workers, there are idiots who congregated on Wales's beauty spots, there are idiots who lick produce cans in supermarkets to deliberately infect them and there is a video of an idiot licking his fingers and deliberately smearing them on a passenger-support bar on a public transport. And I mentioned the NJ partying idiots above. So don't try telling me that you can't "imagine ANY of them being silly in the way you think", because if so you are not thinking straight.

There's good humour and there's bad humour and that instance of Paul's was bad.

Oh, yes, Bill, nobody but you thinks straight, because you know everything. As I said, stop being a prune. There are bad eggs in everything but they're a tiny minority. Paul's humour was fine and the rest of us are as entitled to that opinion as you are. You are not God.

I know of someone who is more powerful than God.

You have not taken what paulted said as intended Billwill and the focus on how a headline about celebs was higher up. There was no encouragement of breaking government guidelines, no profanity and it was a light hearted jab at the media treating celebrity feuds at the same severity levels as an actual global crisis going on. See it for what it is man and for God's sake think of the children.

I can relate because the online tabloids continue to post stories that are counter productive and scare mongering. In other words Billwill we are in this together and we will stick together. I was going to follow that with an x which to me is a hug but to you might be a kiss and I don't want you to think I want to kiss a bloke. Especially with this virus going about.

Maybe just pen pals for a while, no pressure.

Never-mind Billwill's bizarre and unjustified rant, they've only gone and painted over Abbey Roads zebra crossing because of the pandemic.