Female comedy Page 2

Say what you like about sketch shows, They are very popular. From the fast show, harry Enfield to Little Britain & Catherine Tate.
The great thing about comedy is that we all have different taste's.
Sketch shows do become tiresome after a while, but great one's remain cult forever.
Personaly i do prefer a good comedy drama. I would love to see Catherine Tate write and star in one of her own. I agree she is a very talented actress, not just in a comedic role.

I have already tired of little Britain & Catherine Tate, and dont make a date to watch either anymore.

I still stick with my opinion, Good on Catherine Tate, she has found her fame, she will continue to flourish in many different show types i am sure. I love the fact that she is no spring chicken, this gives hope to all us 30 somethings and over. I will remain in the belief that she has helped female comic's.

Victoria Wood is a perfect example of someone who has learned her craft. I adore the way Caroline Aherne is continuing to evolve along with the enormously talented Jessica Stevenson. And then, of course, there was Linda Smith who sadly died earlier this year. She was exceptionally, talented and wrote incisive and extremely, funny material.

Catherine Tate, however, highlights everything that is wrong with female comedians and all because tv execs have found someone with more than just a bit of promise, they allow her to put out any old shit because it's Catherine Tate. She overwrites, isn't actually aware of it and nobody has the sense to take her to one side and point out the obvious because she’s the next best thing since sliced bread. Personally I’d take the sliced bread but that’s another story.

Quote: charley rance @ December 18, 2006, 12:00 PM

Say what you like about sketch shows, They are very popular.

So is Big Brother. But it's still shit.

Quote: Wheeler @ December 18, 2006, 12:15 PM

So is Big Brother. But it's still shit.

Since when has Big Brother been a comedy?

Quote: charley rance @ December 18, 2006, 12:24 PM

It's laughable, does that count?

Quote: charley rance @ December 18, 2006, 12:24 PM

Sorry, that obviously went over your head, so I'll explain. It's a TV programme, as is Little Britain. They are both popular. A popular TV show is not necessarily a good one.

Quote: Ginger Jesus @ December 18, 2006, 12:32 PM

It's laughable, does that count?

Yes i suppose it does Hun, ha ha

How can anyone liken Catherine Tate to the vile disgrace that is Big Brother.
Lordy me.

I would rather be in a room with every ex boyfriends mum for 6 hours solid (no lunch or tea break allowed) than spend even 23 seconds of my time watching that tripe.Trust me, thats many many mothers and they all hate me all the way down to my bone marrow.
I did goggle a little at the first series, hated that, so tried the 2nd series as everybody was raving about it. The only person who slightly ammused me was Brian Dowling ( think that was his name anyhoo).I hate it even more now, its boring, its full of numnuts and I hate the way my newspaper loses several pages of potential iinteresting news to that crap.

You can not put a very talented comic alongside that baggy bollox.
Please

Quote: charley rance @ December 18, 2006, 12:40 PM

You can not put a very talented comic alongside that baggy bollox.
Please

Yes, you can. Both programmes appeal to the lowest common denominator, they just do so in slightly different ways.

Quote: Wheeler @ December 18, 2006, 12:40 PM

Sorry, that obviously went over your head, so I'll explain. It's a TV programme, as is Little Britain. They are both popular. A popular TV show is not necessarily a good one.

I was talking about comedy sketch shows.
I dont think think big brother is one.
Of course it went over my head. You obviously watch it and are obsessed to the point of depravity for it, in order for you to bring it up for no reason. I have a friend like you, she tapes every show. I will get them copied and send them over to you. Hand delivered by the Goody monster.

Good one. I hope your creative writing is more inventive than your insults.

Would you like to get married?

Big Brother - not so much a comedy but more an animal experiment!

We can have a big brother themed wedding if you like.

Quote: charley rance @ December 18, 2006, 12:49 PM

Would you like to get married?

Another good one. Keep 'em coming or have you run out?

Quote: Baumski @ December 18, 2006, 12:49 PM

Big Brother - not so much a comedy but more an animal experiment!

Thats a good one...That tickled me. In a very nice spot too

Quote: Wheeler @ December 18, 2006, 12:50 PM

Another good one. Keep 'em coming or have you run out?

No i am bored, i dont want to play with you no more. You are no fun.