Female comedy Page 3

Thought so. You ran out of insults. Better think up some more for the next time someone dares to disagree with you as that appears to be your only means of conducting an argument.

This is vintage Crankys!

watch out wheeler on the loose!

I've been away from the net for a while but in response to the comments about writers earlier, I think it's undeniable that it's harder for men to write female characters than it is for them to write male characters. I think that's pretty much indisputable. Writers tend to write about what they know of course and a vast majority of men know more about men than they do about women.

That isn't to say that all women writers are going to be able to come up with great comedies but their female characters have more chance of showing some authenticity.

I must also say that I'm sick to death of people using the phrase 'lowest common denominator' to describe shows that they dislike. f you don't like Catherine Tate then don't watch her. That's the policy that I've taken but it doesn't mean that I patronize people who do like her. There have been catchphrase comedies around for ever and the comments elsewhere on this board that she and Little Britain are destroying sketch comedy are ludicrous.

You're sick to death of people using the phrase 'lowest common denominator'. I'm fed up of people using that tired argument 'if you don't like it then don't watch it'. Did I say that I watch Catherine Tate and Little Britain on a regular basis? No, I didn't. I said that I don't like one joke sketch shows and feel that there are too many of them.

Come now everyone, calm down!

Charley, Wheeler wasn't directly comparing the content or quality of BB and sketch shows like Catherine Tate. He was trying to prove that popular does definitely not equal good. (Of course, he may believe that such shows aren't any better than BB, but that's just one opinion.)

In regards to "if you don't like it, don't watch it", that is entirely true, but the discussion veered to forms of comedy and their sophistication rather than a specific show which one may like or dislike.

As for the "lowest common denominator" thing, I can see the general point, but don't believe it can be used quite in the way which some do. Things work on different levels to different people. It's not the most sophisticated or clever comedy, but that's not what everyone wants.

End.

You can support an up and coming female comic, RIGHT NOW! Top 3 voted comics go to Vegas to perform live. You can vote for me on Facebook and registering on the contest site.

1) Sign up Email. Please click this link, http://www.improvcc.com/index.php/videos/view?id=90
Register an email and password, and vote for me!!!
If you'd like, take time to look at the video. If you think I'm funny, please leave me a comment on the contest site! I love comments!!! Don't leave voting info. on the site.

2) Use Facebook
Click http://apps.facebook.com/the_improv_up_yours/?ref=ts
Accept the app, then click on the tab at the top marked "LEADERBOARD".
Click on Stephanie Hillier and click on Vote.

RIGHT NOW! you say. wow thanks for the HEADS UP!

How many people on here do you think are going to vote for you after you've just vomited all over the board?

I think women have a much more wicked sense of humour than most male comedians. Look at Jo Brand for example an absolute down to earth genius.

oh with out a doubt there are not enough...