Hi there, I'm new

Yep, possibly the most boring title for a thread to say hello, but my brain is containing all my revision at the moment, so I can't think of anything witty.
I'm a big fan of British comedy, love Green Wing, Red Dwarf (up to series 6), Mitchell and Webb, Spaced, Brittas Empire, etc. Majorly fond of MPFC.
Lived in England all my life, which makes me lucky as I fear a lot of the subtleties would go over my head.
Studying Accountancy, got 2 exams in 2 weeks, so I had better pop off and carry on studying.
Toodle-pip!
Erica.

Accountancy and comedy - it's not often those two are put together! Anyway hi Erica, looking at your favourites list you're obviously one of the rare few accountants who know good comedy when they see it.

Thanks for joining and good luck with those exams!

Quote: Mark @ November 24, 2006, 8:59 AM

Accountancy and comedy - it's not often those two are put together!

You should try having a look at my books sometimes.

Now thats comedy.

Ithankyou.

Good look with the exams, and welcome! :)

"good LUCK with the exams" i'm sure Aaron means good luck

Hi Erica, Chris Langham told this really excellent deaf and dumb accountant joke at the second Secret Policeman's Ball, but other than that I can't really think of any other accountancy/comedy contribution to crowbar into this thread. That said, it really was a good joke. A corker. Honest.

Oh yes, loads of good luck for your exams.

i've been searching my joke books and can only find a joke about a mathmetician,
Did you haer about the constipated mathmetician?
he worked it out with a pencil
Bedum-tish

Hi Erica

I can see you have enough obstacles in your life being an accountant so I don't think it's fair to make jokes. Nice to meet you, good luck with the exams I'm sure things will begin to add up soon.

Leah

Laughing out loud Very nice.

...Yes. Luck. I meant luck. Whistling nnocently

Oh, thanks for all the luck (I think I need it) and welcomes!
As you can see, I've been kept busy because this is my first time back since I said hello!
I've less than a week to go now, I'll be sure to let you know how they go, if you'd like to hear that!
Anyway, back to the books!

yes good luck, it's never as bad as you think it is, in other words i thought my exams would be hard, three words peice of piss

Hi all, new to this aswell.

Question. Does anyone know what happened to Russell Porter (Tim) from the Brittas Empire. He seems to have fallen off the register since the series ended?

News would be good..

Thanks

Many people seem to do a show or two and then completely disappear, so it's really anyone's guess. Might have emigrated, changed career, moved to the stage, had to retire due to illness, even could have died... It really could be anything.
The only thing I can suggest is writing to the BBC, saying you're a fan, and asking if they know what happened to him as you would like to try and track down anything else which he may have been involved in.

Sorry that I couldn't be any more help!

Try this: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0692282/filmoyear

It lists just the Brittas Empire appearances tho.

Here's a brittas empire message board - perhaps ask there too. http://brittasempire.proboards29.com/

According to MSN movies he died in 1987 (i think this is 4years before BEmpire - methinks someone else)

I found one reference to a rumpole of the bailey appearance but this may be the porter who died in 1987

http://www.tv.com/russell-porter/person/32319/appearances.html