Stath Lets Flats Page 4

Stath Lets Flats. Image shows from L to R: Al (Alastair Roberts), Vasos (Christos Stergioglou), Sophie (Natasia Demetriou), Stath (Jamie Demetriou), Carole (Katy Wix), Dean (Kiell Smith-Bynoe), Julian (Dustin Demri-Burns). Copyright: Roughcut Television.

Stath Lets Flats

Comedy about a dodgy family-run property lettings agency

Sitcomfan64

• Friday 31st July 2020, 9:44pm
  • England
  • 708 posts
Quote: jsg @ 31st July 2020, 9:42 PM

And it was the worst thing in the category.

Either Fleabag or Derry Girls, considering the award was for the Best Scripted, were far more deserving.

jsg

• Friday 31st July 2020, 9:47pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 373 posts
Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 31st July 2020, 9:44 PM

Either Fleabag or Derry Girls, considering the award was for the Best Scripted, were far more deserving.

I would've gone for Catastrophe myself but both of those were worthy too, yeah.

Alfred J Kipper

• Saturday 1st August 2020, 9:32am
  • Aldershot, England
  • 6,155 posts
Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 31st July 2020, 8:39 PM

This beat Fleabag Series 2 at the BAFTAs

And the magnificent Derry Girls S2. Unbelievable, to use a footballing term, like Wimbledon beating Liverpool in the FA Cup. Teary

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 31st July 2020, 9:44 PM

Yes but the award's not for best script, just best pre written/non improvised comedy. Obviously the script is a part of that but only a part.

I've only seen clips and trailers of SLF and they were hideous, so I don't know who's doing the judging here.

More concerning is all four were non studio 'sitcom's. :( And three of them C4 shows which shows up the Beeb in a once v strong genre for them.

Sitcomfan64

• Saturday 1st August 2020, 5:35pm
  • England
  • 708 posts
Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st August 2020, 9:32 AM

And the magnificent Derry Girls S2. Unbelievable, to use a footballing term, like Wimbledon beating Liverpool in the FA Cup. Teary

Yes but the award's not for best script, just best pre written/non improvised comedy. Obviously the script is a part of that but only a part.

I've only seen clips and trailers of SLF and they were hideous, so I don't know who's doing the judging here.

More concerning is all four were non studio 'sitcom's. :( And three of them C4 shows which shows up the Beeb in a once v strong genre for them.

Actually yes I agree. Fleabag deserves best comedy drama, but laugh for laugh Derry Girls towers over the other nominees.

jsg

• Monday 3rd August 2020, 7:46pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 373 posts

The sitcom format isn't very complimentary to the sketch show type of humour, really. A series of People Time might've been a better idea.