- 13th February via The Guardian: Catastrophe: greatest TV ending since The Sopranos
- 2015 - 2019
- Channel 4
- 24 (4 series)
- Rob Delaney, Sharon Horgan, Marta Barrio, Ashley Jensen, Mark Bonnar, Carrie Fisher, Jonathan Forbes, Frances Tomelty and others
- Rob Delaney and Sharon Horgan
- Ben Taylor and Jim O'Hanlon
- Jack Bayles, Toby Welch, Richard Allen-Turner, Kara Baker, Jon Thoday, Rob Delaney and Sharon Horgan
A comedy following an Irish woman and an American man who make a bloody mess as they struggle to fall in love in London.
Clumsy lust, instant pregnancy, and genuine disaster provide the foundation for this flaming hovel of a relationship.
In a mess of events always in danger of slipping out of their grasp, Rob and Sharon must also learn to deal with her largely awful friend; his eccentric Bostonian mother; and attempt to navigate the choppy waters of their ever-more-complicating lives.
Can Sharon, "an extraordinarily good-smelling woman" and Rob, "a sturdy love-maker" steer through the increasingly thorny situations they find themselves in and still find time for an emergency shag in a stairwell? Prepare to find out.
The stakes are higher in Series 2 as we rejoin the now married couple who struggle to stay in love - and lust - while new challenges rear their ugly heads... all the while contending with monstrous family and crazy friends, who seem hell-bent on ensuring that whatever new life-journey Rob and Sharon embark on will be anything but simple.
Series 3 picks up where he left off last time, with an unexplained receipt for the morning after pill in Rob's hand and a lot of questions for Sharon.