Newsjack Series 18 Page 2

Yes, thanks!

I will listen to those, in fact there's a ton of stuff on here and out and about to give guidance and advice, but my boss is looking with expectation for 'work' which is as yet parked in my in box... :(

Done one sketch. Working on another. 3 number crunchers and a one-liner. All to be sent off for the rejection pile later.

Well, the only to achieve rejection is to be enterprising enough to make the submission, so well done! Great fail!

Got the 'closed for submissions' reply for my two sketches, so far so good :D

Started this morning with nothing but ended up submitting two sketches, the second of which which was conceived and written ten minutes before deadline.

So my expectations are low.

Just sent in some brilliant one-liners. I will definitely get on the show. Nothing can go wrong.

Decided my second sketch was not worth the effort of finishing and sending in so just one sketch went in.
Not worth the effort as it was not that good, I don't think.

Good luck all.

We sent in sketches about plogging and super bowl. Good luck everyone!

Youth crime - my sketch.

Aiming for half the rejection the week with just one sketch on Corbyn's competence being an obstacle to him being a world leader (with him having too much of course ba-dum-tss)

Quote: BTF @ 5th February 2018, 4:38 PM

Youth crime - my sketch.

personally I'm glad being young is being made a crime

Inside my brain:
1. I write a pile of total and utter useless f**king shit that makes Bobby Davro sound like Bob Dylan.
2. I read, listen to and take notes on advice from the pros: how to improve material, create stronger ideas, hone one's stuff etc.
3. I write another pile of total and utter useless f**king shit that makes Bobby Davro sound like Bob Dylan.
4. Repeat until death.

I'd say making Davro sound like Dylan is an art form in itself

Sketch-wise, i went with Hatton Garden robbers and gentrification, then some squiffy oneliners, and, so far, one numbers gag.

good luck y'all

Just 3 oneliners and one Number cruncher from me this week.

I have a question for everyone.

What do put in the subject line of the email and do you write anything in the body of the email?

I usually write something like 'oneliners' or 'some one liners' in the subject line and I always try to write a little message in the body. I wonder if they even read that stuff anyway but I also feel weird sending an attachment without some kind of brief message.

I put my name in the subject box too, eg, oneliners by Joe Bloggs

I don't think anyone cares about the message, but a 'thanks for reading' is always nice.

Probably for the first time ever, i've sent them the maximum amount of stuff. I've gone for quantity over quality, they can't have it all their own way.