Newsjack Series 18 Page 8

How's everyone getting on?

Quote: Thosisd @ 11th February 2018, 9:51 PM

How's everyone getting on?

One written sketch which I'm very proud of, but needs a rewrite tomorrow morning to really tighten it up.

Two other strong ideas, one I'm writing tonight, the other I'll write tomorrow and pick the best two.

Got some killer one-liners, they will definitely get on the show. Nothing can go wrong!

sketches in. now working on my uno-liners

Just submitted two sketches which I'm worryingly happy with. No doubt setting myself up for a reality check on Thursday. Concerned the subjects may be too popular but you never know...

Nice work everyone.

Well I wish I felt as good about mine. Just sent two in. Was not going to send any due to lack of time, mainly. Then did two rough and ready ones at the last-minute today - rushed both in the last hour in an early lunch-break so definitely not holding out any hope but thought I might as well give it a go. NHS Crisis and Emotional Support Pets. Good luck all. Sounds like some good ones have gone in.
Am starting to think that the fact I am a Dad's Army fan shows in my attempts at writing.

Emotional support pets sounds like a good story to cover. Missed that one.

We went for Pets Passports allowing travel after Brexit, and Mamas and Papas selling a range of Peaky Blinders outfits for babies. Good luck everyone!

Quote: Thosisd @ 12th February 2018, 12:26 PM

Emotional support pets sounds like a good story to cover. Missed that one.

Hope it wasn't too old. That may be why you missed it! Wrote at top speed so didn't even have time to put a link in.

I ran with Jose Mourinho 'The Unsettled One' and NHS smart tech 'nagging' devices for healthier homes.
I'd like to think I unearthed some good oneliners too, but the proof is in the pudding as they say.

I submitted two sketches, one which may be the best sketch I've ever written. Obviously it may not get through the screening and if it doesn't I'll post it in the Critique, though I am (not so) quietly confident this week.

Two sketches submitted - on the Winter Olympics and Bitcoin.

Wow, I'm struggling with one liners this week. Have my six but not too happy with them.

First time for a while I'm writing for newsjack after being less than successful in the past.

Rushed two sketches and some one-liners quietly confident they were good but no doubt wont get anywhere.

Hope some of you guys get on. Good luck everyone!

This week I've managed a 3/3/0 (3 one liners, 3 NC's, 0 sketches)

I'm enjoying the two days and half of feeling good about them, and myself, until the crushing realisation on Thursday that you lot are much better!