Not Going Out - Series 9

Not Going Out. Image shows from L to R: Benji (Max Pattison), Charlie (Finley Southby), Lee (Lee Mack), Lucy (Sally Bretton), Molly (Francesca Newman). Copyright: BBC.

Not Going Out

A fast-paced gag-orientated studio-based BBC One sitcom starring Lee Mack and Sally Bretton

Chappers

• Wednesday 20th September 2017, 6:36pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,466 posts

I've just booked tickets for a read through and the new series is being recorded from November 24th.

Sitcomfan64

• Thursday 21st September 2017, 11:53am
  • England
  • 568 posts

Ditto! I'm going on Sunday and then 12th Jan for a recording

Chappers

• Thursday 21st September 2017, 7:42pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,466 posts

I'm going Wednesday evening.

I went to one of these years ago when Miranda and Tim were still in it. Great fun.

Chappers

• Wednesday 27th September 2017, 11:07pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,466 posts

Not Going In! I had tickets tonight for a Not Going Out script run through but wasn't lucky enough to get in.They always issue more for these things. Still I saw the bearded Lee Mack and Hugh Dennis in the bar.

Tommy Griff

• Thursday 28th September 2017, 10:29am
  • Wiltshire, England
  • 378 posts

Some pals and I made a day of it in London in 2010, to watch a live recording of NGO. Only we were turned away because they over-sold on tickets.

Rookie error on our half. Clearly a first come, first serve basis - even if you have a ticket.

That's pretty harsh isn't it? I know they want to be sure they fill seats, but what about us poor sods who travelled on the motorway and various tube stops to attend?

Chappers

• Thursday 28th September 2017, 8:42pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,466 posts

I wasn't too upset because I was half-expecting it. I'd been lucky in the past and got in to all the shows I'd been to before.

I went back to my local pub quiz and we got second prize.

Anyway they took the tickets of the unlucky ones and we've got priority for another show. I can't make the other read-through but hoping to go to one of the recordings.

Feeoree

• Sunday 1st October 2017, 2:08pm [Edited]
  • Basildon, England
  • 576 posts

Speaking of Series 9, isn't there an upcoming Christmas Special before it airs? Seem to remember there being one for 2017 filmed alongside Series 8 but my brain may have completely made that up.

G180e

• Sunday 1st October 2017, 5:40pm [Edited]
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,297 posts
Quote: Feeoree @ 1st October 2017, 2:08 PM

Speaking of Series 9, isn't there an upcoming Christmas Special before it airs? Seem to remember there being one for 2017 filmed alongside Series 8 but my brain may have completely made that up.

Yes, there should be a Christmas Special this December as 8 recordings took place for Series 8 and only 7 episodes aired earlier this year. So there should be a Christmas Special this year. Aaron will be the best person to ask, though.

Aaron

• Sunday 1st October 2017, 6:08pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,367 posts

Yes, well remembered. We do indeed think one is on the way, but it's not been confirmed.

Chappers

• Monday 2nd October 2017, 8:21pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,466 posts

New season being recorded in November, December and January.

G180e

• Saturday 7th October 2017, 8:10pm
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,297 posts

Haven't the BBC already ordered a series 10?

Aaron

• Sunday 8th October 2017, 2:02pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,367 posts

Yup!

MarieJade

• Sunday 15th October 2017, 5:18pm
  • Berkshire, United Kingdom
  • 30 posts

First time seeing NGO live (going in December), wondering if anyone has any tips for making sure I get into the show??

Chappers

• Sunday 15th October 2017, 9:57pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,466 posts
Quote: MarieJade @ 15th October 2017, 5:18 PM

First time seeing NGO live (going in December), wondering if anyone has any tips for making sure I get into the show??

Get there early. Take a packed lunch and some drinks.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd October 2017, 8:21 PM

New season being recorded in November, December and January.

I can't believe I wrote "season". I meant "Series".

Sitcomfan64

• Monday 16th October 2017, 9:21am
  • England
  • 568 posts
Quote: MarieJade @ 15th October 2017, 5:18 PM

I'm afraid the only advice really is to get there early and be prepared to wait a good few hours! Saying that, the last few times I've been they've given out tickets to those arriving early ensuring that as long as you're back by a certain time you could go to the pub next door. Then again I think they're filming in a different studio this time around so not sure if that perk will stay.