Not Going Out - Series 9 Page 4

Saw 3 of the episodes being recorded (including the last). The best NGO episodes I've ever seen, including the old run. Can't wait for them to get on TV

Also for anyone who's wondering , the Christmas special this year is going to be a full live episode which sounds dangerous but great!

Nice to see the new Series 9 photo out! Just wondering if Friday the 9th is an exact date as Lee said that it had been changed to a Thursday night slot?

No - we've not had official word of the slot yet, or of a change. It'll definitely be that week though, so if it does switch to the Thursday then it'll be the 8th.

There's a chance it might be on alongside Still Game on the 8th. The new photo looks really good. Liking Lucy's new hairstyle <3

Quote: Susan Seddon @ 21st February 2018, 9:38 AM

Liking Lucy's new hairstyle <3

OMG no! Awful haircut.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st February 2018, 9:57 AM

OMG no! Awful haircut.

I think they might be slightly ageing the characters. Would explain why Lucy's hair looks different and Lee's got the stubble. Perhaps the kids have been getting more out of hand in the new series and they or Lucy make jokes about his stubble/beard.

Lee said (not in the show) that Sally looked like Liam Gallagher with her hair.

Not Going Out Series 9 isn't starting on the 9th March, Requiem Episode 5 is down for 9pm on the 9th.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2018/10/requiem My guess is NGO is probably going be on the 8th March at 9pm.

This is fading rapidly for me, thank God there was a new series of a proper sitcom that also started tonight.

How many times did they mention the mower petrol leak, and OMG on an artificial lawn too. OH DEAR, I wonder what will happen?

I laughed heartily throughout. A joy.

Really enjoyed last night's episode! I feel they've found their footing as a family sitcom more now

Quote: Aaron @ 9th March 2018, 12:46 AM

I laughed heartily throughout. A joy.

:S

Quote: MarieJade @ 9th March 2018, 7:01 AM

I feel they've found their footing as a family sitcom more now

Well, if that's your bag - certainly not mine.

What was a very funny sitcom (especially in Tim Vine's days) with frustrated sexual situations/tensions has turned into a latter day "2.4 Children" - comfy family sitcom.

When they change that formula it stifles it. You had the same thing with Niles and Daphne in Frasier - that was never the same.

I need to get caught up on this show! I don't think I got past the halfway mark in series 8. I have always loved the show, I just got distracted. The kids slightly annoyed me, but they play a minor enough role for it to not bother me too much.