Motherland Page 5

Quote: zooo @ 28th December 2022, 11:35 AM

She's been Serafinowicz since Series 3 at least (I just watched an episode).

Ah right. She defo used to be credited as Helen Linehan though - maybe for S1 and S2? If I had chosen the path of fame I think that I'd choose a stage name and stick with it so I didn't have to change it back - examples of which are: Roseanne Barr/Arnold, Courtenay Cox-Arquette, Caroline Ahearne/Hook etc

Back to Motherland - I was hoping something awful would happen to Julia's inlaws too, the odious Geoff and Liz, but sadly not.

Oh god yes, they're awful. Was Liz's shepherd mentioned at all? He seemed to have disappeared, unless I missed it.

Quote: zooo @ 29th December 2022, 11:01 AM

Oh god yes, they're awful. Was Liz's shepherd mentioned at all? He seemed to have disappeared, unless I missed it.

He wasn't, no. Originally I thought that it was The Shepherd texting Liz about being stuck in Cardiff, but it was her ex-husband Lee. I thought that Lee had remarried/moved in with another woman who was pregnant with his child? Maybe they've parted too?

This is why one special just isn't enough. I need details!

Quote: zooo @ 29th December 2022, 12:05 PM

Yes, I agree. I like a comedy to tie up as many loose ends as possible and actually end. Peep Show had a fantastic final series concluding where the two protagonists are both single and stuck in the flat together.

Quote: zooo @ 29th December 2022, 12:05 PM

Indeed. I think it was questioned whether the show was even coming back, then suddenly last month they announced it had a Christmas special.

I'd like to see them back! I saw Sharon Horgan is back writing it for this special (she wasn't on the team for Series 3 IIRC) so if she's back fully it might be dependent on her rather busy schedule, ha.

Quote: Feeoree @ 29th December 2022, 4:23 PM

Indeed. I think it was questioned whether the show was even coming back, then suddenly last month they announced it had a Christmas special.

I'd like to see them back! I saw Sharon Horgan is back writing it for this special (she wasn't on the team for Series 3 IIRC) so if she's back fully it might be dependent on her rather busy schedule, ha.

Yes, it was a long old gap wasn't it? Most of the cast must be fairly busy too. I just want Horgan to co-write another Pullingesque sitcom if at all possible? Kids? Pah - I'm getting too old for all of that now.

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 29th December 2022, 4:40 PM

Yes, it was a long old gap wasn't it? Most of the cast must be fairly busy too. I just want Horgan to co-write another Pullingesque sitcom if at all possible? Kids? Pah - I'm getting too old for all of that now.

I loved Pulling.

I did too, it was bloody brilliant and it's always been in my mind that, however boring my marriage, single life isn't as great as it's cracked up to be.

Maybe Motherland could have one final series where the gang are all desperately attempting to get their children into the best state secondaries?

News from a couple of days ago, but I've only just seen it - there's an American version coming.

Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmit, The Office) apparently playing Julia, Karan Soni (Deadpool's cabbie pal Dopinder in the Deadpool films) to play "Calvin" (AKA Kevin).

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/fyi/183/motherland-usa/