The Mark & Aaron deprecation thread Page 4

Quote: Aaron @ 11th August 2016, 7:29 PM

Whatever you do, don't say their names three times!

David Smith! David Smith! David Smith!

Laughing out loud

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 9th August 2016, 7:20 PM

Why don't we join one of these?:

By the way, where's Roper? I haven't seen him for ages.

I tried joining one or two of Roper's forums, but proceeded no further. I am going to give it another shot.

Roper's great n'all but he's no Jake How.

*Update*

The list of rules and regulations contained within the Richard Briers forum registration page has already made me giggle.

Quote: Mark @ 6th August 2016, 5:42 PM

Thanks for the morale booster, Hercules.

We are continually listening to feedback and making further adjustments (next one coming up later today to help with navigation)... but essentially this site needs to work on mobile phones as well as desktops now (over 50% of visitors are on mobile devices, and it's rising every month) - and it needs to fit in with the design of the rest of the site too - so we're not going back to the old red site, no matter how many threads you open to moan about the changes.

Fact:
In the first half of 2012 (the year you joined the forums): 52,000+ posts were made
First half of 2016: 13,000 posts.

This redesign is here to help stop that decline. Hits are already up, believe it or not. Mobile phone users returning to the site.

I saw a photograph of the athlete Greg Rutherford in 'The Radio Times' today and thought that it was Mark!

As you were ...

No, no, Mark is the ginger haired farmer guy from Countryfile.

OK well I tried coming back to try but it's still difficult to navigate. For instance you used to be able to get into a thread where you last left it but as far as I can see that's not possible. (Note to self this is page 4.)

Welcome back Dave.Wave

Quote: Chappers @ 15th August 2016, 11:26 PM

OK well I tried coming back to try but it's still difficult to navigate. For instance you used to be able to get into a thread where you last left it but as far as I can see that's not possible. (Note to self this is page 4.)

Click the eye icon next to a thread.

Well that wasn't obvious - was it?

Quote: Chappers @ 15th August 2016, 11:49 PM

Well that wasn't obvious - was it?

I would say it's more obvious than the icon on the previous site!