The Mark & Aaron deprecation thread Page 2

I love those ice cream vans.

Our local one was called Tonibell.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 7th August 2016, 6:10 PM

I love those ice cream vans.

Our local one was called Tonibell.

Gallones still do the rounds in my village and use the same melody they used 30 years ago. I was at the folks house last weekend and hearing a van brought back a lot of memories. They have expanded a lot from a few vans in the 80s.

My two cents on the site changes is that it can take a while to adjust but it happens. I don't like change either but change is important.

There is also the fact that this is a free to use website so funding has to come from elsewhere and funding may have been a factor in the changes. I prefer people behind a website who move with the times and do what they have to remain online than a website that never changes, goes stale and expires. I can think of several forums I used to frequent along with a lot of other regulars that were cancelled because there was no development. Some gave notice the site was ending and some just stopped working one day :(

I don't go online with a mobile device so I can't comment on what the new design is like on iphones or tablets etc (I have one rule in life which is to only use my mobile for calls and texts) but I can imagine it takes longer for webpages and images to resolve because of the multiple links to videos down the right hand side. I have limited HTML knowledge but know that a lot of images and videos are always going to take longer to download and display even on 4G. The forum homepage seems a lot more spaced out and needs a lot more scrolling which I'm finding the hardest to get used to. I can make it easier by holding CTRL and using the mousewheel to zoom in the page but this also affects every other page making the typing very small. If there was one teeny tiny change I could think of it would be to make the forums homepage more compact.

Apart from that, thanks for a great site Kissing :*

All ice cream vans in Oz play Greensleeves .I think it's written into the constitution.

Tonibell did The Magic Roundabout theme.

Or if it didn't it should have done.

I have found thar if I make my browser window narrower, so that its ratio is more like a mobile phone, it is actually easier to read on my desktop computer that way.

Tenuous ice cream van link

https://youtu.be/RPjggN-KByI

KLF

Quote: wigwam willy @ 7th August 2016, 11:07 PM

All ice cream vans in Oz play Greensleeves .I think it's written into the constitution.

That brings back memories. Not least the video clip by Mental as Anything for their 1987 hit, He's Just No Good For You. It concludes with the band congregated in front of one of those old salmon-and-yellow-cream colored ice cream vans. There are two versions of the clip -- the second ends with that tinny Greensleeves playing. I can't immediately find it on YouTube.

Comfort and Joy.

(1984)

Me moan thread has been hijacked by ice cream van fans. Angry

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Stone me what a life"

When he was a very small boy, Hercules mom told him that the ice cream man only rings his bell when there is no ice cream left.

His dad (who operated the local ice cream van) did nothing to enlighten his son.

This may explain quite a lot about this thread..

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th August 2016, 9:04 AM

Me moan thread has been hijacked by ice cream van fans. Angry

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

You've got 99 Problems

Do you mean the new forum is a bit 'flaky'.. ?!?

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 8th August 2016, 12:52 PM

When he was a very small boy, Hercules mom told him that the ice cream man only rings his bell when there is no ice cream left.

His dad (who operated the local ice cream van) did nothing to enlighten his son.

This may explain quite a lot about this thread..

Mom ?!?!?!?!?!!?!? Agggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry Sick

"Stone me what a life"

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 8th August 2016, 1:30 PM

You've got 99 Problems

And you know where you can slide the flake.......................

"Stone me what a life"

Herc, in all seriousness, I reckon the boys would have done a whole lot more with the new forum if they'd had the lolly...

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 8th August 2016, 2:29 PM

Herc, in all seriousness, I reckon the boys would have done a whole lot more with the new forum if they'd had the lolly...

Thanx for the heads up. Sick

"Stone me what a life"