The Mark & Aaron deprecation thread

As a counter to Sunny Steve's arse lick, I have to have my penny's worth in saying that what has been done to this site is a retrograde step. OK, it is their site and they can do what they like with it but saying one of the "improvements" is for people on mobiles say is belied by people like keewik ("Have to say - sorry but I'm not sure I'm going to stick with this, especially as so many regulars seem to be voting with their feet.") who find the opposite is the case, and suggests that she may well leg it as I have done along with stalwarts such as Chappers and others as it seems the post count has gone down?

Subtle improvements may well have been the way forward, but wholesale decimation of what was a very good site is not to be praised. Shame really as I was an ardent BCG fan.

I'm not sure I like the way you have redecorated one the rooms in your house. Please change it back.

They do seem to have Betamaxed the forum.

Thanks for the morale booster, Hercules.

We are continually listening to feedback and making further adjustments (next one coming up later today to help with navigation)... but essentially this site needs to work on mobile phones as well as desktops now (over 50% of visitors are on mobile devices, and it's rising every month) - and it needs to fit in with the design of the rest of the site too - so we're not going back to the old red site, no matter how many threads you open to moan about the changes.

Fact:
In the first half of 2012 (the year you joined the forums): 52,000+ posts were made
First half of 2016: 13,000 posts.

This redesign is here to help stop that decline. Hits are already up, believe it or not. Mobile phone users returning to the site.

Gussie Fink Nottle legged it but that was long before Brexit.

I did used to like seeing who was in the house as otherwise everything may or may not be on a time delay - ie will it be read now or later? - and it is more like writing into thin air.

Quote: Mark @ 6th August 2016, 5:42 PM

In the first half of 2012 (the year you joined the forums): 52,000+ posts were made

A good number of those 52,000 were probably Renegade Carpark and I arguing with everyone about guns. ;)

I don't find it user friendly on the phone because it's too 'big'. Takes up too much visual space. Previously I could expand the screen if I really had to.

To summarise - it's a pain in the arse.

I do understand the need to draw in more users of the comedy sites and if this is at the expense of the General section, fair enough. Maybe some of us could get together elsewhere - if any body knows of an option, please pm me.

I didn't like it at first

But I'm fine with it now, I like it

People need to chill, you'll get used to it in time

Get with the times ya'll - it is the 90's after all

Quote: lofthouse @ 6th August 2016, 11:35 PM

I didn't like it at first

But I'm fine with it now, I like it

People need to chill, you'll get used to it in time

Get with the times ya'll - it is the 90's after all

As usual Lofty is the sense of reason
Stop being a bunch of Debbie Downers

It's not the pub you drink in, it's the people you drink with that matter.

Yup!

And it's about time Herc got a round in

Quote: keewik @ 6th August 2016, 8:44 PM

Maybe some of us could get together elsewhere - if any body knows of an option, please pm me.

No need for the subterfuge of PMs. There's always Chortle, where the Forums look a mite stale these days: http://forums.chortle.co.uk

There's also Cookdandbombd: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/?pretty;board=forums.0 - which is a lot of fun, plus insightful opinions and has a heart.

But if you're looking for a friendly place that covers all comedy bases, try this one: http://www.comedy.co.uk/forums

Look for the standout posters: Tim Walker, Griff, Godot Taxis and James Cotter.

Sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your name...

Bit harsh on Mark and Aaron (and Steve tbh) this, I'm sure we'll get over it.

Quote: Mark @ 6th August 2016, 5:42 PM

Thanks for the morale booster, Hercules.

We are continually listening to feedback and making further adjustments (next one coming up later today to help with navigation)... but essentially this site needs to work on mobile phones as well as desktops now (over 50% of visitors are on mobile devices, and it's rising every month) - and it needs to fit in with the design of the rest of the site too - so we're not going back to the old red site, no matter how many threads you open to moan about the changes.

Fact:

This redesign is here to help stop that decline. Hits are already up, believe it or not. Mobile phone users returning to the site.

"Thanks for the morale booster, Hercules."
You're welcome, only too glad to help. :D

"and making further adjustments"
What's next? No avatars?

"Mobile phone users returning to the site" (or leaving - see keewik)
Not using one I only had your word for it, which is now been belied by keewik

If your intention was to achieve a cull to get rid of the older ones that were slowing down the herd, then you have succeeded.

Bland and feel like I should be knocking on the window of your 1950s ice cream van and asking for a Mivvi or a four-penny one as that is what it reminds me of.............................

...........................and now with no signature a little bit of character has gone; BUT.......... :P

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Stone me what a life"