Looking for friendly Brits! Page 2

you Brits are funny chaps..here a garden is where you plant your vegetables and corn etc..It is separate from the "YARD" which you have to mow and have put beautiful flower beds in..Of course you have to weed the "garden" and the flowers..Hey..I was born and raised in the north of the US and know what snow and ice storms are..One thing..you can dress warmly enough for the cold but!!!! you cannnot take off enough for the 100+ degree weather down here,,I did not chose this place to settle..it was chosen for me!!!yea..I will come and rake your garden,, is it as small as the ones on the telly comedies??Here I have acres of leaves to mulch up and bag up or burn,,weather permitting and we are not in a no burn ban..want to come over and help rake them???One question of a serious nature, how do all of you people live in England if the places to live are so expensive?????? Isn't there any affordable housing for say a shop girl or a bar tender or a cab driver????? How do they afford to live in a place over there..lewis robert..you have a great day and a fun week end..go and use a smaller club at one of the tees and you might not hit the ball so far..Be fair now..if it wasn't Montgomery...was it Paul Casey or haven't they decided yot??/catch ya later..Valentine Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Angelic Angelic Angelic

lewisrobert..are you always a nut or just for Valentine???????

Quote: VALENTINE @ November 24, 2006, 9:10 PM

...you can dress warmly enough for the cold but!!!! you cannnot take off enough for the 100+ degree weather...

Couldn't agree more. I hate heat.

Aaron..if you have never lived in a southeren climate how can you hate heat,,I want to know what is the high average temp. in the summer over there..here in the south of the US it can be 110 for days at a time and we sit in front of air conditioners..Mark said no screens over there so at least you do not have all of the flying things we have to use screeens to keep out..Good in both places..I am from Michigan and we had lots of snow and snow mobiling and I love it,,Valentine//oh yea.,.you are not all of those words I read by your name..No one is on God's green earth..

Hey you Brits..who in the world over there won the Order of Merit for golf..If it was not Monty..was it Casey???????Valentine Monty is single again right..hum!!!!!!!

I just hate heat. I don't have to have lived anywhere specifically to know that!

You sound like someone else I know that is related to me by marriage..He loves the heat and not the cold and is very imphatic about it..I can live anywhere as long as I get to go back home now and then..Hope you are enjoying the cool..It is over 70 degrees here today and I just finished puttting up my Christmas tree..Wierd huh..It is 50+ degrees in the north..Must be the ozone layer evaporating..In Minn. They are having a drought and are watering the pine trees to sve them from dying befor e the c holidays,,Aaron..isn't antone out there a golf fan???Or is the Order of Merit just something us Yanks only hear a little about..Valentine!!!11

Aaron I checked out the Amazon page fro dvd's of comedies and they hav Summer EWine from 1973 here in the US..will that play in our players???Valentine

In all honesty, I'm not sure. There are two box sets, one with the complete series' 1 & 2, and one with all of series' 3 & 4, which are available here in the UK. Unfortunately, DVDs are different across the world; in the US, you get "Region 1" DVDs, and here we get "Region 2" ones.

Most DVD players will only play discs of the correct region for the country which they are bought in (so your DVD player will probably only play "Region 1" DVDs), but it is possible to get more expensive players - which you probably haven't got, unfortunately - which will play anything and everything. (To make things a little more complicated, it is possible to find instructions online to make your DVD player play anything and everything, although things start getting even more confusing there!)

However, it does look like there is some kind of collection of episodes from series' 1 & 2 which is available to buy in the US ("Region 1"), and if you can buy that, then it should work fine for you. Click here to see it at Amazon.com.

So basically, that one there is your best bet. Hope that that helps!

Thanks Aaron..for the info..but..does anyone know which guy won The Order of Merit for golf or are you just football fans.soccer to us here,,Valentine

I hate all sports, especially football.

But my number 2 love, the Internet, seems to be telling me that the winner was one Young-Eun Yang, of Korea.

AAron..you are full of #### I know on our telly it said that they thought Montgomery would lose to ..I think the name was,,Paul Casey..All I seriously want o know it if that is true..I am not a kid and I like to be treated as if I have some brains..I am a published poet and author and am on this because I love you Brits and my grand dad came from over ther ..So..just tell me.please..//your honey musst have a time putting up wdith your sillinesss,,Valentine..freeze your cold bloodedness.... warm up to serious chatter..

AARON..you are a brat!!!!! Let Mark talk to me..he is a sweetie..Valentine

we played golf yesterday, only because you seem to like it, it was really good we went down the local park and smacked the crap out of the ball, i only smashed three car windscreens(one of them was my mums Angry) oh and i upset a guy a little bit, he got all pushy just because i donked him on the head with my club,,,,twice, such a short temper.

lewisrobert, I do not know how old you are but if I was your mom I would have took the putter and put it where the sun don't shine if you wasted a good golf shot like that!!!! I see you are not into sports ...but.by George..you are a good sport and you make me laugh!!!I expect you had a great week end..Here it was a shop until you drop for early Christmas bargains...I stay at home on these days.if I wasnt to be man handled I would rather do it at home..ahem!!!Oh yes..I love Chinese food and admire the brains of all Asians people..I wish some of thes kids over here would stop dropping out of school before China takes over the world and us..I think they are growing fast and we are sinking fast,,Maybe it is the "shrub" we have in office now!!!! Perhaps he needs to be pruned! I can't believe there is not one brit out ther that doesn't like golf..Jealous of the Tiger I guess,,maybe afraid he might take a bite out of one of you..opps..well his teeth are very sharp..He sharpens them on swedish meat,,Be good and let me know my answer someone out there... Valentine

Your name starts with B?ansd I am not so hot at remembering Baumanski or Braums** any way..I think you Brits have it all over us Yanks on making good comedies,,Here it is naked women and sex but nothing really funny unless they are downing someone or thing,,give me the English comedies where someone [heavy] like Dawn French can be appreciated or Howard in Summer Wine whose eyes speak volumes,,you rely on talent not youth and good looks Go Brits,,and keep them coming over to this side of the pond.>>>Valentine

Hey, Valentine, you need to realise that not everything this side of the pond is all that it's cracked up to be, and if proof be needed then have a look at the 'Blunder' thread. Of course if that doesn't work I can highly recommend a 6 hole golf course I once played on in Bali.

<3 Chinese food.

hello again, my american friend,(i've always wanted a
American friend) i am a massive, massive fan of Football and follow my team home and away, oh and about my golf shots, if i swing a club 100 times i probably hit the ball no times, if i swing it 200 times i'll be lucky to hit it once i end up digging a massive hole in the ground, the thing is every time i do hit the ball, it goes miles and through somebodies window, even when i'm playing crazy golf, imagine happy gilmore, without any skill and you have me. i have done a lot of different sports in my life, i took up tae kwon do when i was younger, and got kicked in the head so i ran home crying to my mum, then i took up judo, and i hurt my shoulder so i ran home crying to my mum, then i took up archery and kept missing so i ran home crying to my mum, then origami, got a paper cut, ran home to my mum,,, this was all last week, any way my yank-e-doodle friend bye-bye :D