Looking for friendly Brits!

Hello..I am new to the board and not quite sure how it works as yet,,I am looking from people from England to corrrespond with.. If there are any Yorkshire people on line,,say hello to Valentine..a Yank from the states..I am looking for friends that are retired or have a friendly outlook about England and all it seems to offer this world,,Heads up..Valentine ps.Love those English Comedies.. Rolling eyes :$ Huh? >_< :S Wave

hello i'm a friendly brit, it's nice to meet you, i'm the village weirdo, (the village idiot got banned) so what are your favorite britcoms ?

Hi Valentine,

This is Anthony, a bloke from Yorkshire, saying hello to you, a Yank from the states. How are you? It's nice to see that our comedy from good old blighty spreads across the Atlantic Ocean. So what are your favourite Brit sitcoms / comedies then?

Anthony (aka syorkslad26)

Hey Valentine, good to have some more international faces around here. :)

Hi Valentine and greetings from this side of the pond. Get your people to call my people and we'll do lunch. :D

syorkslad46,hello to you too.. I love everything about England Yorkshires..I love comedies..like Summer Wine...Only Fools and Horses, Keping Up Appearances, Are You Being Served, Grace and Favour..etc etc,,In the US..there are not comedies that each character is so good at making funnies or being a star on their own like you have over there,it is not looks but talent with you Brits and that is great with me..Beauty is as beauty does,,Give me Howard's eyes speaking in Summer Wine..He is a great actor,,Valentine

lewisroberts..top of the morning to you,,I live in the southern part of the US and love British Comedy..It seems in almost all of those I have seen..all of the actors could handle a series on their own..You seem to rely on talent and not on looks or sex and that is great in the older ones like Summer Wine..Are You being Served. Mulberry etc etc..love them all..keep them coming and please lets us Yanks have the beginning of each series on playable DVDs ....Valentine

lewisroberts..we love village idiots over here as we all are one at times..valentine

Aaron..hello to you too..I am use to hearing from mark and he has reallly helped me a lot..you need more like him..Keep on the good work,,Valentine

Baumanski...greatif I can have it in the Yorkshires at a little cafe that has good sarnies..Is that the right word??Valentine

Quote: VALENTINE @ November 22, 2006, 12:29 PM

lewisroberts..we love village idiots over here as we all are one at times..valentine

oh i may move to the good old u.s.of.a then, maybe i will as soon as you guys stop calling Football, soccer, i went to Clevland, in ohio some years back and saw some good comedy performed, i do agree with you about everything, in this country you can be a shrek look-a-like and be succesful,(just look at Wayne Rooney, don't worry if you don't understand that, he's a soccer player here in England) any way, i look forward to agreeing or dis-agreeing with what you say on this site, oh yeah and hello from a brummie living down south(me) Wave Wave Wave :D England England

Lewis Roberts...Footballl is not on my agenda..I am not a fan of it..GIve me golf or ice hockey.. Who won the Order Of Merit this year for golf?? Monty didn't win it ..did that new young guy?? Paul Casey I think I heard the name before..Lots to offer here but so does your country..Love the north and the moors..also no screen windows so that means..no bugs flying in!!! I was born in Michigan..just above Ohio..Land of the Great Lakes..catch ya later..Valentine

sorry to say this but all that golf talk is just nonsense to me, don't you think basically its a game of just smaking a ball with a bent stick, where football is a game of tactics and passion, oh yeah what do you think of the south of England if you've never been you must, then you can see how crap it is, there is one good thing about the south, and thats leaving to go up north Whistling nnocently Cool catch you later as well VALENTINE, take care bye

No//golf takes a lot of skill and also having a good caddie!!! Me..I love the game..but a female isn't in to US or your type of football. I do not need foot ball to get my brains kicked out..All I have to do here is go to any big city!!!You betcha..if I manage to visit over there I want to see the north..The Yorkshires and perhaps Scotland..I love the open spaces..Here I live in a town of under 10,000 and county of less than 30,000. In Arkansas there may be 2 1/2 million people.After living on the outskirts of Detroit City..believe me//the open spaces are where it is at..Have a great day.. Oh..and I have to travel more than the length of England each sumer just to go see my family. Planes are getting harder to board here ..Terrrorist alerts..Valentine

LewisRobert.//i live in the southern part of the US and it took me the past 20 years to start liking it..When the temp hits over 110 in the Summer and the windows are closed with the air conditioner running,,I could hop a plane and head north to escape this heat,,Winter is great,,Maybe 1 snow and it is usually gone in a few hours,,Have a good one..Valentine

yeah we have summers like that but instead of heat and sun we have rain and cold, so in a way we don't have summers like that, the sun did come out a few days ago, anyway the main reason i don't like golf is because i'm banned from every crazy golf outlet in hampshire, apperently your not allowed to drive the ball 300 yards on a three yard putting green, spoil sports Wave England

Bloody hell, Valentine, re your post of the 23rd, that's one hell of a synopsis for a new sitcom!

:D :D :D B.....that is not my idea of a good sitcom..it is more like a find a cool spot and sit in the shade with the water sprinkler on..Here,,many of the people have swimming pools in their yards and also there are free swimming pools in town,There is a big river that runs thru town and a big sand bar where the teens hang out and catch what ever or whom ever they can. :P :P :P
In tha US today its Thanksgiving Day and we are suppose to be thankful that the pilgrims stole this land from the American Indians!!! Pirate Pirate
have a greatd day..I do not knowd how many hours difference there is in our time..I live in Central Standard Time..have a good one and one on me..Valentine

:D :D :D Bau?????.....that is not my idea of a good sitcom..it is more like a find a cool spot and sit in the shade with the water sprinkler on..Here,,many of the people have swimming pools in their yards and also there are free swimming pools in town,There is a big river that runs thru town and a big sand bar where the teens hang out and catch what ever or whom ever they can. :P :P :P
In tha US today its Thanksgiving Day and we are suppose to be thankful that the pilgrims stole this land from the American Indians!!! Pirate Pirate
have a great day..I do not know how many hours difference there is in our time..I live in Central Standard Time..have a good one and one on me..Valentine

LewisRoberts...you are so funny..now I am supose to believe you are another John Daly or Tiger Woods!!! "NOT!!!"..I am a writer of poetry and mystery novels myself and have had many published..i fell in love with the Yorkshires and would like to live there if I could find a single family dwelling..I aam not used to so many living in the same building..Here so many have lots of property and single dellings..It would take some getting used to not having a big yard to mow or rake the bloody leaves off of in the fall.Opps//is "bloody" swearing like the Vicar says??Have a great day and stay away from the scrumpy..Valentine Who won the Order of Merit for golf any of you Brits know?????

Baumanski..hit your page,,hey..I didn't know there was "trailertrash" in England..I thought we only had that in the states or down in the gulf where the hurricane struck..Valentine Mark e mailed me that there were no trailer s over there,,Here you see parks full of them where people live year round.Not many are trash as these things can cost close to $111,000 American dollars,,Valentine

That is for the double wides or the 2 story ones,,the singles they sent to the storm victims are cheaply made and many arre sitting in our state dry rotting..

Quote: VALENTINE @ November 23, 2006, 7:44 PM

LewisRoberts...you are so funny..now I am supose to believe you are another John Daly or Tiger Woods!!! "NOT!!!"..I am a writer of poetry and mystery novels myself and have had many published..i fell in love with the Yorkshires and would like to live there if I could find a single family dwelling..I aam not used to so many living in the same building..Here so many have lots of property and single dellings..It would take some getting used to not having a big yard to mow or rake the bloody leaves off of in the fall.Opps//is "bloody" swearing like the Vicar says??Have a great day and stay away from the scrumpy..Valentine Who won the Order of Merit for golf any of you Brits know?????

ermmmm, wasn't it that guy that wears the baseball cap, and swings a golf club around? i like to hear about other countries, (ones i have been to(U.S.A, Australia, Turkey, Tenerife and ones i havent Iraq, Afganistan, Lebanon, Scotland, there all a bit dangerous at the moment).
as Tim"the tool man"taylor says
"can't someone invent something that sucks the leaves off the trees?" and if you do move to sunny/bloody freezing England and miss raking your yard you could come and rake my "GARDEN"(thats the real word for yard) i would offer you a round of golf, but as i said, i'm banned from all outlets.