Which sitcom series stopped a bit too early? Page 2

Quote: Chappers @ 28th December 2015, 8:39 PM GMT

Worst week of my life could only really go on for one series but there was a Christmas one as well if I remember correctly.

Two series, and a third brief Christmas run.

Marenghi's Darkplace

Pete vs Life

Nathan Barley

I also think that The IT Crowd could have been Peepshowesque in terms of how many series it ran for.

I feel Coogan could quite easily go back and do another series of 'I'm Alan Partridge' now and it would be just as good!

Quote: Scartledge @ 30th December 2015, 2:15 AM GMT

I feel Coogan could quite easily go back and do another series of 'I'm Alan Partridge' now and it would be just as good!

There's a new series of Mid Morning Matters all ready to go. Sadly it will be on Sky Atlantic which I don't get.

I really think Max & Paddy's Road To Nowhere could have carried on for at least another series, Time Gentlemen Please could have easily run for a third series and The Old Guys.

Quote: rrr 969 @ 15th December 2015, 8:46 PM GMT

+ The Young Ones obviously, Filthy Rich & Catflap, Believe Nothing with excellent RM.

Actually I'm glad they quit the Young Ones while they were ahead (though there was the buke too). Those last two eps would be hard to top. I once heard they killed them off at the end deliberately to make it more difficult to bring them back.
FRC would no doubt have improved second time around. There's a gag reference to a follow-up in the last episode and the continuity announcer said there'd be more but ultimately... In a sense, Bottom is the next. The third show is practically Bottom with a bit of Planer.
I can't believe no one's mentioned Last of the Summer Wine. So much more potential in that. More, please.

Him and Her.
Although it was supposed to be wrapped up with the wedding, it wasn't.
Becky's dad still lusting after Shelly
Lee still thinking he is superior to Steve.
Paul torn between two lovers
The fragility of Dan and Shelly
Laura's phsycopsy
Steve dragged into adulthood
And the star of the show for me, Becky - dealing with them all.
Oh so much more mileage.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 31st December 2015, 8:14 AM GMT

Actually I'm glad they quit the Young Ones while they were ahead (though there was the buke too). Those last two eps would be hard to top. I once heard they killed them off at the end deliberately to make it more difficult to bring them back.
FRC would no doubt have improved second time around. There's a gag reference to a follow-up in the last episode and the continuity announcer said there'd be more but ultimately... In a sense, Bottom is the next. The third show is practically Bottom with a bit of Planer.
I can't believe no one's mentioned Last of the Summer Wine. So much more potential in that. More, please.

I was surprised they stopped Last Of The Summer Wine. It was a show that could practically go on even if the regulars died. It was a feel good show that I'm sure plenty of people miss.

You say about Summer Wine going on forever and I think it has they've just changed the name to Still Open All Hours.

I would have loved to have seen more Operation Good Guys though where they could have gone after the final episode of series three is anyone's guess.

Agree with Spy
TLC
SunTrap (assuming it's cancelled)
All Along The Watchtower
Shelfstackers (although aimed at teens it had a certain melancholy running thought it which kept things interesting).

Early Doors and Black Books.

Quote: Sixty3closure @ 10th January 2016, 2:24 AM GMT

TLC

<3

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st December 2015, 8:57 AM GMT

Him and Her.
Although it was supposed to be wrapped up with the wedding, it wasn't.
Becky's dad still lusting after Shelly
Lee still thinking he is superior to Steve.
Paul torn between two lovers
The fragility of Dan and Shelly
Laura's phsycopsy
Steve dragged into adulthood
And the star of the show for me, Becky - dealing with them all.
Oh so much more mileage.

I agree with Him & Her they could do one more series.

If Steve and Becky had the baby, Laura's got herself a younger friend and turned into a lesbian lol.

Dan proposes to Shelley. Paul marries the Spice Girl he once did back to front with her.

Quote: G180e @ 30th December 2015, 10:18 PM GMT

I really think Max & Paddy's Road To Nowhere could have carried on for at least another series, Time Gentlemen Please could have easily run for a third series and The Old Guys.

Time Gentlemen Please was an extremely long series. I think there were 26 episodes.

Quote: Nick @ 19th December 2015, 12:45 PM GMT

Dear John (although it obviously did become popular in America)

Yeah but it's difficult to work with a dead actor. John Sullivan isn't up my proverbial Street but I enjoyed Dear John. S1 Ep3 is awesome.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 21st January 2016, 9:08 AM GMT

Yeah but it's difficult to work with a dead actor. John Sullivan isn't up my proverbial Street but I enjoyed Dear John. S1 Ep3 is awesome.

Dear John was broadcast in 1986 and 1987.
Ralph Bates sadly passed away in 1991.