Which sitcom series stopped a bit too early? Page 5

Quote: Will Cam @ 2nd September 2016, 12:19 AM

What happened to the scripts Aaron?

I imagine they're sitting in an archive somewhere. Fremantle almost certainly have copies.

Funnily enough I was security at the premier of the George and Mildred film, it was in Jersey where they were doing a summer season of their stage show. Yootha Joyce looked terribly frail at the time and shortly afterwards passed away. She was a lovely lady. The film itself was not a triumph as I recall, but I did have a certain fondness for the series.

The Office
Operation Good Guys
Life Without George
Ever Decreasing Circles

Hardwicke House.

Quote: Muddlecombe @ 2nd September 2016, 1:05 AM

Funnily enough I was security at the premier of the George and Mildred film.

Were you on your own?

I sure could have done with another series of Human Remains. Ideally produced with the same attention and carefully constructed scripts Brydon & Davis worked with on the first series.

Whilst it was vaguely considered by the BBC, another series of The Smoking Room would have been cool; especially if they wrote the characters around an outdoor smoking area, given the smoking ban. It could have been a semi-spin-off called, 'The Smoking Hut' or something

OH and definitely a third 15 Storeys High!!!

Last of the Summer Wine.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th August 2017, 6:30 PM

Last of the Summer Wine.

Never got boring, did it?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 16th August 2017, 1:08 PM

Hardwicke House.

Yeah I know three years is a tad late but I didn't wanna start yet another thread. The whole series is finally available on YouTube. Fascinating cos only the first two were broadcast. I love it and honestly, if it'd been publicised properly, there wouldn't've been such a rickus. It's no harder than the Young Ones or the Comic Strip.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 10th February 2021, 10:30 AM

Yeah I know three years is a tad late but I didn't wanna start yet another thread. The whole series is finally available on YouTube. Fascinating cos only the first two were broadcast. I love it and honestly, if it'd been publicised properly, there wouldn't've been such a rickus. It's no harder than the Young Ones or the Comic Strip.

Rings bells MM although I can't remember anything about it.

OK just looked it up. Sounds like some of the staff at my school and I'm not joking.

They broadcast the first two eps and there was such an uproar it was pulled and there were rumours the remaining five episodes were wiped or never even made. There was a Chortle article when these made YouTube but I'm not gonna bung up this thread. It's pretty funny.