PARTRIDGE Page 4

Quote: Jay72 @ October 2, 2007, 10:53 PM

The ONLY good episode of Coogan's Run. And it wasn't that good. :(

No way. Coogan's Run was excellent i thought. Coogan's performances were superb throughout and I love things like the Ernest Moss episode and Natural Born Quizzers. It's also a shame that Patrick Marber doesn't act so much anymore as he was pretty gifted too.

Despite being inherently evil.

And terminally smug. Jon Ronson fan zoo? Me too.

Anyone can write a sweary play about relationships.

MAN: You f**king two-faced cow. I don't know why I still bother to poke your sorry, bitch-awful, mong-spunked arse.

WOMAN. When have you been poking it? I haven't felt anything, but that's not surprising considering your spaghetti dick is like a dwarf's ingrowing f**king bastard toenail.

MAN: (SAD FACE) I'm thirty five. I'm going to die in a bit.

WOMAN: I've met someone else.

Easy. Can i have a golden globe please.

Laughing out loud

It's actually mainly on Richard Herring's behalf that I don't like Marber.

"Bring back Partridge. The best thing Coogan, Baynam, Ianucci and Marber ever did, collectively or alone, including that sweary play of Marber's."

Out of this little groups work I really prefer The Day Today....but then it did have Chris Morris....Partridge led to the Office but it did also lead to everythingthatGervaishasdonesince.

I was about to say, why did Chris Morris never appear in it? But he did, didn't he, as the angry farmer, with the infected spinal column in a bap, lol.

Quote: Leevil @ October 3, 2007, 5:03 PM

I was about to say, why did Chris Morris never appear in it? But he did, didn't he, as the angry farmer, with the infected spinal column in a bap, lol.

That is my favourite episode.

Quote: Nick @ October 3, 2007, 11:41 AM

No way. Coogan's Run was excellent i thought. Coogan's performances were superb throughout and I love things like the Ernest Moss episode and Natural Born Quizzers. It's also a shame that Patrick Marber doesn't act so much anymore as he was pretty gifted too.

Sorry, it just didn't work for me, and I'm a big Coogan fan. I did love the Paul and Pauline Calf video diaries though. They were as good as any of the Partridge stuff Coogan did.

Agreed about the Paul/Pauling Calf video diaries. Brilliant. Why aren't they out on DVD? Or are they?

Quote: zooo @ October 3, 2007, 4:34 PM

Laughing out loud

It's actually mainly on Richard Herring's behalf that I don't like Marber.

Richard Herring tried to take the credit for someone else's work didn't he?

T'other way around old chap.
He and Stewart wrote the character of Alan Partridge in the first place. Then Marber et al got rid of them and carried on with the character, never giving them any credit.

Or summink.

I think Marber and Herring should have one of those 'slebrity boxing matches to sort it out.

I think there are some that see it differently. There are others who claim that Lee and Herring wanted credits for stuff that they just didn't do but obviously I wasn't there.

Anyway, it seems like Marber still gets on well with all of the rest of that team so I don't believe everything I read.

His writing achievements are pretty impressive though right from all of his work with that team up to his Oscar nomination.

I know nowt, why did he quit comedy?

I think he's said that he always loved the theatre and writing (and sometimes directing) all of the plays that he's done hasn't left him much time for TV.

I guess that's why he was part of I'm Alan Partridge originally but didn't write that series as it would have coincided with his first couple of plays.

His first play was about poker, his second play was about a swearing and his third play was about an agent who slept on a park bench. Understandably it was in no way a hit. He went on to adapt plays by Strindberg and others and have sex with expensive prostitutes. And steal jon Ronson's nanny.

He's a bit of a twat, really.