PARTRIDGE

i've just finished re-watching I'm Alan Partridge series 2 on dvd. i feel genuinely sad that i've not got another one to watch. i think it's about time Alan was resurrected in some form or other. i think we should start a petition and submit it to Baby Cow. Butter my arse.

I know how you feel, mate. Every episode had me pissing myself.

And it didn't get worse with each series!
They were all fantastic.

they really were (and are) great. proper big laughs all the way through. do we have 3 on the petition then? how many will we need to make mr coogan see sense?

Initially on watching Series 2, I didn't think it was particularly good - possibly because of the high standards set before. However, having seen it a couple of times since, I think it is a lot funnier than I remember. A bit of a slow burner for me.

Does anyone remember the one-off special that came after series 2 (when Alan was interviewed by a talk show host about his life)? It was very funny but don't think it got repeated and have been unable to trace it. Think Peter Baynham played the host.

I think I may be alone in this but if you watch 'Saxondale' then you've got another strain of Alan Partridge. Older but just as self-opinionated. Saxondale - Partridge with beard.

It is my favourite sitcom, so yes, I will sign.

:)

Quote: Jay72 @ September 28, 2007, 6:14 PM

Initially on watching Series 2, I didn't think it was particularly good - possibly because of the high standards set before. However, having seen it a couple of times since, I think it is a lot funnier than I remember. A bit of a slow burner for me.

Does anyone remember the one-off special that came after series 2 (when Alan was interviewed by a talk show host about his life)? It was very funny but don't think it got repeated and have been unable to trace it. Think Peter Baynham played the host.

Go to your library and hire the 2nd series dvd. The one-off interview is on there.

Cup of beans with a sausage poking out. Tasty.
Dry retching during his presentation 'Ive pierced my foot on a spike . . !
Fat Partridge in his video-heres what one idiot did-in America!
Stop getting Bond wrong!
So many great bits in series two, I love Partridge, my absolute favourite British Sit-com.

Quote: Skibbington von Skubber @ September 28, 2007, 7:30 PM

Go to your library and hire the 2nd series dvd. The one-off interview is on there.

Nice one. Cheers. :)

"Lyn..." says Alan, obviously delirious from blood loss, "...you couldn't present a cat!"

I adore Alan Partridge. It never fails to make me laugh.

I miss Michael's army stories, Sonya's broken English, Lynn's faultless loyalty and Alan's Norfolk nights.

It was five years between series one and two of 'I'm Alan Partridge' so a third series is long overdue.

I have just recently re-listened to the original radio series of 'Knowing Me, Knowing You' and it STILL makes me laugh out loud.

To Simon Fisher, child prodigy: "You are a little shit. That said, thank you for coming on the show..."

As I have mentioned before, I'd be happy if Alan got his own Radio Four radio series. I want to hear more of Norfolk Nights with those insane phone-ins!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 28, 2007, 8:08 PM

Stop getting Bond wrong!

I want Alan's "Clang, clang-a-lang-a-lang-a-lang-a-lang-a-lang, clang-a-lang" as a ring tone.

But I don't have a mobile phone.

Moving this to the correct forum.

Quote: Jay72 @ September 28, 2007, 6:14 PM

Exciting comedy factoid: that was made so they could tell the BBC they were doing 7 episodes, and therefore get more budget. More was therefore spent on the 6 episodes of the series, with that interview/clip show being done on the cheap as the last one of the series.

Also the second series was going to be called 'I'm STILL Alan Partridge' (which, for me, would have been better - and was referred to as that in the TV guides when Coogan went on Parky) but they decided that it set the show up to have idiot hacks go 'Well, it's not STILL Alan Partridge' in the reviews.

Though, I'm sure you all know that . . . This is a comedy forum after all!

Yeah it's a classic one of my fave sitcoms of all time, Series 1 of IAP is just comedy perfection I think, Series 2 wasn't quite as good but still brilliant.

I'm not sure he should bring it back though because it could taint what came before it. There are plans of a movie though.

Why isn't this on 4OD... :(