PARTRIDGE Page 5

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 4, 2007, 8:19 PM

his second play was about a swearing

He's a bit of a twat, really.

Nice well balanced review there.

To put it another way, his second play was translated into 30+ languages and was a phenomenal success when you consider that he was essentially known as Steve Coogan's subordinate at that time.

Whether he's a twat or not I have no idea as I've never met him but his talent and successes are indisputable.

Quote: chipolata @ October 4, 2007, 9:48 AM

Agreed about the Paul/Pauling Calf video diaries. Brilliant. Why aren't they out on DVD? Or are they?

I don't think they are. I've tried looking for them, but have only traced the video with them both on and its been deleted anyway.

Still have the originals somewhere on tape. They're better anyway because some of the music has changed on the vid due to copyright reasons. It actually meant one scene was taken out altogether, which was a pity.

With all the cable stations there's invariably old sitcoms on somewhere.

Watching Partridge and One Foot shows what really good comedies they really are.Some of the newer ones try but never really attain these heights.

Quote: Nick @ October 5, 2007, 12:28 PM

Nice well balanced review there.

To put it another way, his second play was translated into 30+ languages and was a phenomenal success when you consider that he was essentially known as Steve Coogan's subordinate at that time.

Whether he's a twat or not I have no idea as I've never met him but his talent and successes are indisputable.

You just don't get it do you.

Read my post again. I said he had sex with expensive prostitutes. How do i know that?

You seem to believe that writing is simply a record of literal facts. If wrote about a field of 'smiling flowers', would you post to tell me that flowers have no teeth?

Oh my god, you ARE Patrick Marber!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 5, 2007, 8:37 PM

You just don't get it do you.

Read my post again. I said he had sex with expensive prostitutes. How do i know that?

You seem to believe that writing is simply a record of literal facts. If wrote about a field of 'smiling flowers', would you post to tell me that flowers have no teeth?

Are you on crack? If you read my post again then you'll see that I wasn't talking about whether he was a twat or not. I was talking about the quality of his work. You quite clearly have such a hatred for him that you're incapable of doing the same with any intelligence.

And to get back to the stuff that he's written, I would echo what others have said about the Paul/Pauline Calf shows and it's sad that they aren't available right now.

Hey hey, you two calm down. Godot hates him, Nick doesn't. End of.

Now, how's about some nice bunnies?

I have died.

Bunny on right says 'yes, this is the best superglue we've ever tested'

Quote: Nick @ October 6, 2007, 2:28 PM

Are you on crack? If you read my post again then you'll see that I wasn't talking about whether he was a twat or not. I was talking about the quality of his work. You quite clearly have such a hatred for him that you're incapable of doing the same with any intelligence.

And to get back to the stuff that he's written, I would echo what others have said about the Paul/Pauline Calf shows and it's sad that they aren't available right now.

Nick my first post to you still applies. You don't seem to understand the point of what I wrote. Perhaps it would help if you understood my post as a 'performance'. I don't hate patrick marber - why would I? I just constructed a little 'funny' piece about him that is not LITERALLY true, although it seems he did steal jon ronson's nanny...

Since you think am not discussing his work with intelligence, (untterly not the case) let me refer you to this poem by Tom Paulin - 'Where art is a Midwife'. I'll quote some of the last lines, in case you don't have it on your shelf:

This poem about a bear
Is not actually a poem about a bear

It might be termed a satire
On a loyal friend –