Pointless Page 10

They wanted songs by Drake in last night's jackpot round.

I went for My Boomerang won't come Back but I didn't hear it mentioned when they gave out the results. Anyone know whether it was pointless or not?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd October 2022, 5:39 PM

I went for My Boomerang won't come Back but I didn't hear it mentioned when they gave out the results. Anyone know whether it was pointless or not?

?

Too much to expect it to be Nick Drake.

Young adult fiction? As opposed to Old adult fiction? Where does the cut off come?

Ed Gamble's been really good as the latest guest host, probably my favourite so far. Seems more natural than some of the previous ones, and has good chemistry with Xander.

I don't know why the final round has changed though, with only two things in the category...?

Yes they made that change without any mention of it. Probably running out of questions.

Not particularly enamoured with this new chap though, whoever he is (not come across him before; yes I know - you're going to tell me that he was in Taskmaster). I thought Stephen Mangan was the best.

Haven't watched it for at least a year now - it's not the guest host or whatever for me, it's Armstrong's patronising twaddle I can't stand, which is where Osman gets his "famous faces" from on House of............

Haven't watched The Chase either because of Bradley's stream of unfunny jokes and the quiz has just settled into a bland pattern

I couldn't give a monkey's left tit for either of them, and certainly don't miss them!!!!

How about a monkeys right tit?

🙈

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th April 2023, 10:03 AM

How about a monkeys right tit?

🙈

They have two?

I get a Pointless Monkees song today. "Alternate Title" otherwise known as "Randy Scouse Git".

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd October 2022, 5:39 PM

I got that even if Lofthouse is too young.

I love Rose Matafeo to bits but please - and it wasn't her accent - it's not pronounced Creekey Alley, it's Creek Alley! (Creeque)

Yes, I thought that too.

I was pleased to see a couple of friends on this recently - Clive Goddard, chair of The Professional Cartoonists Organisation, and his wife, screenwriter Amy Armani. They won, too!

I got the 2 Pointless Burt Bacharach songs and one of the Crowded House ones for the final.

Isn't Connie Huq unbearably bubbly!